Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! Filters and Helios Apollo 15x70

cplee42

OK so i just purchased Helios Apollo 15x70 to replace a cheaper pair. Part of the reason was to occasionally use filters. However on unpacking the binoculars i cannot for the life of me work out how to screw the 1.25 filters in place?  I attach an image. I see a metal “well” on each eyepiece with a series of steps but not an obvious thread. When i insert the filter it sits nicely and rotates but never threads no matter how many times i turn it. I worry that i have an Apollo in theory but a Stellar design eyepiece in practice? 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

AEFC4DA6-817D-420D-B3F3-F2699BBEA34D.jpeg

Edited by cplee42

That doesn't seem right.... Here's a photo of my Apollo 15X70 I took back when I got them a couple years ago. I don't see the same metal "wells" as on your images. Instead I see an ordinary filter thread.

IMG_7428

And here's a close-up I just took

131998983_3669206929784363_8912847993543844284_n.jpg.b14eb466822e15c02caa560b1138096a.jpg

Edited by Victor Boesen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Turns out Helios will no longer be adding this function to their range so if you want such a set you will need to make sure from the vendor what version they have in stock. The advertising blurb on this feature are not being updated on the various websites for this product.

• 4 weeks later...