SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EOS MovieRecord for 5X LiveView AVIs

michael8554

Many years since I last used the free EOSMovieRec software, to make high quality uncompressed 5X LiveView AVIs, so I dug it out for the Jupiter/Saturn Conjunction.

Working out how to use it was a bit of a struggle, but here's how:

It seems you must switch on your camera BEFORE opening MovieRec.

There are various versions, I used the 0.3.3 Beta x64 version on my Win 7 x64 Bit. Laptop, it also worked on my W10 x64 Tower PC.

1.  Install the software.

2.  Plug in and switch on your camera in M Mode.

3.  Run MovieRec.

4.  Double Click the icon top left with three dots in it, to create a Folder to store the AVIs in.

5.  To record video, click on the "Write!" button, to stop, click on "Write!" again.

6.  Or set a record duration by ticking the "Time Timer" box, and selecting a duration in the adjacent box.

7. The software doesn't seem to shut down cleanly, so I used "Task Manager" and "Stop Task"

Fingers crossed for good weather !

EDIT:  Looks like each time you open MovieRec, you need to go back to the Folder you created in step 4, and Save again, or you get a "Can't Record" Message.

The software has a few bugs it seems.....

Did some tests on a distant Landmark this morning (clearish skies !), and looks like  5X may be too much "magnification" for my setup, so will record on 1X, and take normal" Raws as well.

Michael

Edited by michael8554
  • Like 2