SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SharpStar Telescopes at FLO

FLO

My 94 order should be here on Tuesday. I’ve a 0.8x FR also on order. I was undecided between the 100 and the 94, because the latter requires a full frame flattener at £250-300, so the cost of the 94 becomes closer to the 100.  The 100 delivers a flat field due to its inbuilt flattener.

However despite the 100 being advertised with an F4.3 focal reducer being available, it hasn’t actually been produced yet according to sources online 👎🏻

Ended up ordering the 94.  With the focal reducer, the FOV of the 94 with the KAF8300 will be very similar to the epsilon with the 2600MC, albeit at different resolutions.  Little bit of cropping needed.

9D751860-5827-49E7-986C-B40474CA2787.png

2 hours ago, Andy R said:

@tooth_dr“I’ve a0.8x FR also on order.” May I ask where you’ve ordered it from please. 

Andy

I ordered it on Tuesday off 365astronomy Andy.  It was listed as #in stock# but I got a call on Friday to say the deliver was due in on Monday/Tuesday.  Slightly disappointed but hopefully it will arrive before the holidays as the scope is poorly corrected without it.

• Thanks 1

That 94 triplet looks quite nice, I have to admit... (and the SCA260, but that's too much for my HEQ5 mount, so I have to stay inside a ten kg or so weight budget, not saying about the money budget).

I wonder, though, isn't there an overlap with the Askar range of refractors? (especially the 400mm and the coming 600mm). Why should someone select the one, or the other brand?

N.F.

On 22/12/2020 at 21:21, nfotis said:

That 94 triplet looks quite nice, I have to admit... (and the SCA260, but that's too much for my HEQ5 mount, so I have to stay inside a ten kg or so weight budget, not saying about the money budget).

I wonder, though, isn't there an overlap with the Askar range of refractors? (especially the 400mm and the coming 600mm). Why should someone select the one, or the other brand?

N.F.

Askar is a subsidiary of Sharpstar, so basically all these scopes come from the same maker. The Askar FRA400 is a quintuplet where as the sharpstar EDPH are just standard triplets.

Sharpstar make some really nice scopes. It is probably one of the best brands among the mass produced Chinese scopes. I love my APM 107 which is another triplet made by sharpstar.

Edited by KP82

• 2 weeks later...