Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1333 area in 6 panels

fwm891

Finaly some sparkly stuff up there!

I've tried an 8 panel test of this area before but it didn't work very well for me so I've restricted the size to 6 panels (3x2).

Camera: ASi533

Scope RASA 8

Mount CEM60

Processing: Initially in PI to align and stack the panels (panels each 5x 300s) then in Photoshop CS3 to align the panels and apply saturation, curves and retouch edges. Quite noisey.

NGC1333_6-panes_fltn.png

Edited by fwm891
Text added
  • Like 6

Hi Francis.

You have some very nice detail,which has been subdued due to the noise.Was this caused by the conditions,of too few subs.Five subs is quite short for a Nebulae.

Have you tried any De-Noise software.It can help but nothing beats a good clear sky and and a good number of subs.

Still a very promising start.

Mick.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Hi Francis.

You have some very nice detail,which has been subdued due to the noise.Was this caused by the conditions,of too few subs.Five subs is quite short for a Nebulae.

Have you tried any De-Noise software.It can help but nothing beats a good clear sky and and a good number of subs.

Still a very promising start.

Mick.

The original panels after stacking looked quite good I had used some de-noise in PI but the noise just increased in PS even with 16 bit originals. I'll have another go in PI and see if I can't get a better result.

• Like 1