SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Soul Nebula HOO WIP

tooth_dr

This is my first go at the data collected over a few nights recently, in 20 minute subs.  It is a 2 panel image so in reality the data is a bit scant, with an average of 3 hours per filter per panel.  It's drifted a little too far to the 'watercolour' look but I was too far down the rabbit hole to reverse out without starting again when I noticed it getting out of control.   This was processed in APP, Starnet+ and PS, I did briefly try it in PI, but I'm just not ready yet lol.

5 hours 20 minutes

Ha with Tak Epsilon 180

500mm F2.8

6 hours and 40 minutes

Oiii with SW ED80

522mm F6.5

Thanks

Adam.

IC1848-1.thumb.jpg.ded1c1ce2799d6238f5b0e80e2ef836b.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 7

Thays a really nice image Adam.I think you have actually nailed it.The colours to me are spot on,they should,nt be unaturally bright of vivid.Also because of the amount of dust surrounding the Nebulae the background of space should be subdued and not ink black.

Nic one.

Mick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, astro mick said:

Thays a really nice image Adam.I think you have actually nailed it.The colours to me are spot on,they should,nt be unaturally bright of vivid.Also because of the amount of dust surrounding the Nebulae the background of space should be subdued and not ink black.

Nic one.

Mick.

Thank you Mick, appreciate the comments.  Hope the new 1600 is working out well for you.

• Like 1

Adam.

I have had only 2hrs with it since i got it a couple of weeks ago.Conditions have been awful here.

Condtions for to-morrow night show a hint of promise,but the forecasts change back and forth hourly.

What else would you splash a grand and more for it to sit in its case week after week doing nothing.

But we do.

The camera really does look promising though.

Mick.

5 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Nice, I agree with Mick, colours are restrained, easily overdone resulting in an unnatural looking image. 

Cheers Richard.  The colours for me here would definitely be at my limit of saturation.