Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sh2-240 Mosaic

Rodd

I added panel 2 to the Ha stack.  I really see the advantage of having a big sensor if the image circle can cover it....variations in gradient and noise between panels can be trouble.  Panel 1 (upper panel) has 111 300 sec subs and panel 2 has 81 300 sec subs.  I didn't see much difference between 111 and 61 subs for the first panel, so I figured 81 should be good.  I think I need to add to it though as it is the dimmer part of the nebula.  I binned this image 2x2 in software only to reduce the full resolution size...on Astrobin it was ridiculous.  Not sure about SGL.  I see what it looks like and if its too small will upload the unbinned version

EDIT: I checked and like this size--full resolution is a nice size for viewing

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600  A total of 192 300 sec Ha subs

X2DSa.thumb.jpg.1014156927dc369fe0a7597bef40c507.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 8

That impressive Rodd, I'm liking it so far.  And agreed that it looks very detailed when you click into the larger image.  I've a similar project underway, but my six panels havent got much more than these two panels.

I think the join shows a little, but this should be easily rectified in the integration.  APP does a nice job with it's multiband blending and local normalisation.

16 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That impressive Rodd, I'm liking it so far.  And agreed that it looks very detailed when you click into the larger image.  I've a similar project underway, but my six panels havent got much more than these two panels.

I think the join shows a little, but this should be easily rectified in the integration.  APP does a nice job with it's multiband blending and local normalisation.

Thanks Doc.  I think the seam shows mostly due to different background levels.  I fixed a couple pinched star by redoing it. I will have to play with the settings through revisions.  Supposedly you can remove seams. That’s a bunch of work though and this just a intermediary stage.  I wanted to see if was viable to proceed.  I think I will continue