SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Filters for ovl field flattener and zwo camera

Hi all

I’ve got a two parter question. 

1. I’ve taken the plunge and bought a zwo asi462 even though I was looking at the 120. I’m also going to attempt dso with it, do I have to attach it to my ovl field flattener or can I attach it straight to my skywatcher  72ed.

2. I’ve read that with these cameras you have to use a uv ir filter, what size filter does the ovl field flattener take. I have removed the front 2” push fit barrel section.

thanks in advance 

Jack

Jack,

You state you have removed the 2" nosepiece from your OVL field flattener so I take it you are screwing that directly to your 72ed  then you would attach your camera to the other end via m42 with spacers to achieve relevant back focus yes. put the OVL nosepiece back in and this accepts 2" filters

and also you could use this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/sky-watcher-evoframe-camera-rotator-for-evostar-72ed-ds-pro.html

and it accepts 2" filters as well

with your OVL FF but it means removing nosepiece section as well as the chamfered section as well to attach to the camera rotator adaptor

Hi 

thanks for the response. The camera only arrived today and I’ve had solid cloud so haven’t had a chance to try it. Initially I bought this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/tele-vue-extension-tubes.html and a 1.1/4 filter with the camera but I prefer having everything threaded. So when I tried and it fitted directly to the field flattener  I thought it’s better that way, but I haven’t got any spacers at the moment and having it threaded directly meant that I couldn’t use the 1 1/4 filter. 

all the best

Jack