Jump to content

740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

NGC281 - Esprit150 0.77xFR


Sp@ce_d
 Share

Recommended Posts

Almost posting this one out of frustration with the weather but I guess I've been lucky to get enough to make the effort, so here's what I have so far.

Captures between 22 & 30 November through pretty dismal skies.

9x900 Ha Astrodon 5nm

6x900 OIII Astrodon 3nm

6x900 SII Astrodon 5nm

Esprit 150 with the new Flattener/Reducer 0.77x & QSI683

Processed in Pixinsight with a final pass through Topaz DeNoise AI. Still finding it a bit heavy handed & feeding my overcooking tendencies. 

Feel free to poke, prod and mumble about it. Be warned, it's not too pretty in deep. I'd love more data but it's been dire. I have 15mins each of RGB for stars but not happy with results so far so desat ones will have to do for now. 

NGC281_E150_FR0x77_QSI683.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By dazza1639
      2020 hasn’t been a great year for anyone, but we’ve had a good comet, and some clear nights. I haven’t been the most productive, or even a very good imager this year, but I’m quite pleased with what I’ve learnt, narrowband has been a revelation . So I thought I would share a few of my images, and a video I put together or them. Thanks for all the great images and tips that have been posted. Wishing you all a happy Christmas and a great 2021.
      Darren
       

       
    • By MartinFransson
      This has been my project since the start of this season and now I think I´ll just leave it... for now 😉
      I started last season (with a longer FL) but didn´t like how my Baader O3 filter matched the Astrodon Ha filter, so now I had to get a 3nm O3 as well.
      This is a total of:
      60*5 minutes of 3nm Ha
      114*5 minutes of 3nm O3.

      Shot with a ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool and a Canon 300/4L IS tele lens. The lens suffers from bad star shapes in the corners but I managed to get it decent anyway. Didn´t want to stop it down from f/4 either.
      Combined as a semi-RGB (or what to call it) from R=Ha, G=70%O3+30%Ha, B=O3. Processed it as LRGB using a combined Lum from 60% Ha L and 40% O3 L.
      I am really happy that I finally feel satisfied with a target! Usually I just get restless and move on when half of the data is collected.
      Hope you like it!

    • By Xiga
      Hi guys
      First things first, apologies for posting this one out of season. A combination of no astro dark, crappy weather, and being busy at work has meant that there's no imaging getting done at all these days. So, i've had to turn to old data to re-process, and this data set was an obvious candidate as i was never happy with how it came out originally. And looking back on it now with fresh eyes, boy did it need it! 
      Nikon D5300, SW 80ED, HEQ5-Pro. 
      3 x 1200s, 2 x 1380s, and 4 x 1500s of Ha
      9 x 1200s of Oiii. 
      11 x 480s with an IDAS-D1, for RGB stars only
      7 Hrs 54 Mins in Total. 

      Stacked in APP and processed in PS. 
      Combined as SHO (using a 70/30 blend of Ha/Oiii for the Sii). 
      The main differences this time were, using Starnet++ to create the starless versions, using more Ha in the synthesized Sii (70% instead of 50% last time), but mostly the improvement has come from toning down the stretch a lot (ok, a heck of a lot!) before making the colour map for the tone-mapping. From then on it was immediately apparent that i'd made a massive boo-boo first time round 🙈
      I've included a 1080p rotated crop too, as i quite liked the framing.
      Feels like ages since i last did any NB imaging. I almost forgot how much i enjoy it! 🙂 


       
       
      And rather embarrassingly, here's the original. Try not to laugh too hard! 😂 😂 😂

    • By alan4908
      This is a narrow band image with Red mapped to Ha and Blue mapped to OIII.  After balancing the Ha and OIII data in Pixinsight via Linear Fit, I generated a synthetic green in PS via Carboni's actions.  It represents 15 hours integration time and was taken with my Esprit 150.  
    • By alan4908
      I've always found the Pacman nebula (NGC281) very difficult to process in RGB since I always tend to end up with a low contrast image that is largely devoid of detail.  So, since I prefer realistic looking colours, I decided to try out a narrow band approach with Red mapped to Ha and Blue mapped to OIII.  After balancing the Ha and OIII data in Pixinsight via Linear Fit, I generated a synthetic green in PS via Carboni's actions.  The result below represents 15 hours integration time and was taken with my Esprit 150.  To illustrate the amount of detail revealed, I've also included a small crop of the central region.
      Alan

      NGC281

      NGC281 (crop)

       
      LIGHTS: 9 Ha, 21 OIII x 1800s, DARKS:30, BIAS:1000, FLATS:40 all at -20C. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.