Taking photos of the Geminids...Advice please?

I've been waiting all year for my first ever viewing of the Geminids and I'd appreciate any help or advice to get the best images that I can.

I have a GH5, lawa 7.5mm lens and a sturdy tripod. I also have a Dark Sky location near me that is Milky Way class so I think I've touched all the basics.

I'm hoping to get a timelapse where I can mix and match some of the stills to create a Still composite of several good streaks as well.

Thing is, I've never done a star timelapse before, so I would appreciate settings advice.

Cheers

Hi I'm not sure what a GH5 is?

I've taken other meteor showers using a DSLR and lens, I used a intervalometer to take images through the night then sifted then next day to find any caught.

I used a lens and I think it was 15 seconds or so each exposure for the lens used before star trails showed. You can build a video from stills using for example Windows 10 pro, other solutions are possible as I've also build video timelapse using quicktime pro.

Edited by happy-kat
  • Like 1