Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Recommended Posts

Finally I have something like First Light with the ODK12. This is just 6 x 600 sec subs Luminance with the Moravian G3 16200 and Chroma filters. Sigma Add stacking in AstroArt 7 followed by a slight crop to get rid of dither edges, Gradient Reduction (As the moon was starting to interfere), DDP and Unsharp Mask.

Calibration was with Darks and Flats only as I had neglected to do Dark Flats *slapped wrist*.

519229588_ODKFiratLightred.thumb.jpg.c2659f3554f8f1ef562a59e70551b190.jpg

Reduced 50% for upload and JPEG. Yes it's a bit noisy, and I think I may have focus issues.

C&C welcome as usual. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By PH-R
      M33 captured over 4 nights, 16hrs of data using 300sec subs, darks from library, mixed flats for an average and bias frames. Camera: Canon 600D. Everything put into Deep Sky Stacker and the resulting image processed in PS.
      I used a video made by Scott Rosen on processing to help me process and I learnt some really powerful techniques to use in PS.  I think this is my best processed image to date, so I feel happy I have made some progress. Looking forward to reprocessing my old data armed with the new knowledge 🙂. 

    • By DaveS
      "Unboxing" seems too feeble a term for this. As posted in the Lounge, This arrived just after midday

       Getting it into my conservatory nearly did my back in so had to give it a rest before proceeding. Removing the cover (Six very long screws revealed lots of bubble wrap

      Concerned about getting the 'scope out safely I put a folded duvet (The one I had for SGL19) ready to cushion the floor

      After heaving it out of the packing (Heavy, but not unmanageable) the 'scope was revealed in all its pristine glory.

      On the back is a Starlight Instruments Feather Touch focuser, plus connection for the internal dew heater.

      I think that will do for now. There was also an envelope with instructions for collimation, and a small package with a spacing tool and ronchi grating to get the spacing correct (OOUK specify +/- 1 mm), and the adaptors for the Moravian G3 16200 that's going on it. Phew!
      More photos will follow when I get it on the mount.

    • By alexbb
      At the same astro party where I shot the Pleiades and partially Iris + the surroundings, I started gathering data for M33.
      For this image I used only a SkyWatcher 150PDS through which I recorded the photons on an ASI1600MMC.
      Curiously enough, I shot ~3.5h of luminance there under Bortle 2 skies, but a simple STF in PixInisght revealed less details than in 4h of luminance (through a LP filter) shot from home under Bortle 6-7 skies.
      Nevertheless, I put all the luminance together, I shot another 40mins of each RGB + 1h45min of Ha and made an image. A bit of colour only I also borrowed from an image I made 2 years ago, but in a small ratio.
      For full resolution: https://www.astrobin.com/yqr8xe/

    • By alan4908
      I've often wondered how my post processing skills have changed over the years, so I decided to find out by extracting some data which I acquired c2.5 years ago and performing a reprocess on M33.  The LRGB image with an Ha blend into the red channel represents just over 15 hours and was taken with my ED80 on my NEQ6. 
      The main post processing differences are:
      - I corrected for a slight camera tilt via PS, this results in slightly oddly shaped stars towards the edges of the frame. You should be able to see theses defects in the old image if you zoom in.
      - PI's Photometric Colour Calibration was used on the new image. 
      - PI's HDMRT was used on the Lum to increase the contrast (before I used the PS High Pass Filter)
      - PI's Dark Script Enhance was used to enhance the galaxies dust lanes.
      So, still a mixture of PS and PI but now with more PI.
      Alan
      (My original result from 2.5 years ago is in the album Deep Sky II). 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.