Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good news for Northerners

The North Yorkshire Moors and Yorkshire Dales have received their dark sky reserve status from the IDSA. Joining Exmoor Brecon Beacons National Park, Cranborne Chase, Exmoor National Park, Moore's Reserve in the South Downs National Park, and Snowdonia National Park.

BBC News.

Great for me, with Snowdonia and the Yorkshire Dales both approx 90 mins drive.

All we need now is a miraculously positive change in climate and cloud cover! 🙄

• Like 10

2 hours ago, bish said:

Great news for Yorkshire. I haven't been up there with the scope yet.  Will have to try and make it next year.

There's some great camp sites in the Dales. No leccy where I go though, but worth a visit for the scenery, decent hosts and space.  The skies really are great too. Fingers crossed for March!

• Like 1

Good news for everyone, I think.  The dales and the north Yorks moors may well be "up north", but the more widely the idea that light pollution should be curbed is spread, the better for all of us I reckon.

James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

There's some great camp sites in the Dales. No leccy where I go though, but worth a visit for the scenery, decent hosts and space.  The skies really are great too. Fingers crossed for March!

Sounds good. I don"t use leccy, so no problem with that.