Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another beginners MW Picture

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, it looks really good for a beginner. I remember my first pictures and it's much worse than yours. Photographing the stars correctly is actually quite difficult. I think you can be proud of yourself. A lot of time has passed since the publication and it is interesting how your photographic abilities have changed. I remember when I took my first picture, I put it in a beautiful frame. Now I'm touched by how ridiculous it is, but I'm glad I kept it. There will be something to remember, so you also do not lose your first photo. You will be very happy to see him after a long time and you will be impressed by the development of your abilities as a photographer.

Edited by LanywakaWeps

On 06/12/2020 at 11:33, stevenson166 said:

Here is my second pic of the MW ...Need to learn some processing skills

Looks good. Try using some free tools to start with. I use SIRIL, Gimp. Plenty of good tutorials are out there for both tools. In your image you will notice its got a bluish tinge that can be corrected in Gimp easily by moving the histogram for the blue channel to the left to get it more in line with R & G.

Good luck.

15 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Looks good. Try using some free tools to start with. I use SIRIL, Gimp. Plenty of good tutorials are out there for both tools. In your image you will notice its got a bluish tinge that can be corrected in Gimp easily by moving the histogram for the blue channel to the left to get it more in line with R & G.

Good luck.

I'm also going to recommend siril.  As a newbie I found it more fun than DSS.  Check out nebula photos YouTube guide on using it with an Andromeda galaxy.  I believe he provides some data to work along with.

Bit of a steep learning curve to stack, but very powerful features included for free.

• 3 months later...

Looks good for the second picture.For a beginner in photography, you are doing very well. In my opinion, processing can be learned fairly quickly and is the easiest part. Taking good pictures is the hardest part. In addition, you can take a picture so cool that even processing is not required. I also take pictures sometimes. I'm more of an amateur than a professional. This is my hobby; I like to devote my free time to photography. Of course, I learned everything myself and continue to do it with the help of YouTube. I print the most beautiful and successful photos using https://www.theframeroom.com/. I do it online, I control how everything should look, and then the guys just print out the photo and send it to me.

Edited by NickWhittle