Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to reset my AZ-GTI goto.

Hope someone can help, using it in AZ mode, I select Alignment and select North Level Align, select 2 objects (e.g Altair  .... Mars) point north and level ... prass start and the head moves.

Azimuth moves around on the tripod mount(as it should) and stops but the dovetail mount (where the camera is connected) just goes round and round and round .

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to reset the software.

Hope all this makes sense.

This is my process:

1. Level the tripod

2. Point the scope on the mount to North

3. Power on and connect

4. 1 Star Align

That's it. Works every time for me and the object is within 1 degree 9 out of 10.

But looks like you might have some other issues as well. Can you post a photo of your setup?

Edited by heliumstar

@heliumstar Thanks for the reply, just tried your list and the camera/lens just goes round and round with the dovetail mount..... it was ok until today, even though I only had it on tuesday and no clear night yet so just played with it in the back room .. 

setup.jpg.a638cb74e1152c4fb58f5170f4a2d6b7.jpg

_MG_5953.JPG

Edited by shropshire lad

Check the firmware on the mount. Better does it ask which side you are using the scope/camera on?

The basic firmware that they seem to come with has the scope, camera in your case, defaulting to the left hand side. To make use of mounting on the right hand side it needs the newer firmware and I would expect that you have to tell it if left hand or right hand operation.

If it has requested in effect "Which side" then ignore this, but it is a thought.

Its firmware 3.26 so scope on right hand side, also it was working ok until today, although as I said only got it on tuesday and no clear skies but was working ok ... slewing and stopping where it should while dummy testing it  ... I'm begining to believe its faulty.

Have sent FLO an email.

Edited by shropshire lad

Control via smartphone, and yes co-ords on ok, tried the remove battery tip left all night but still same, also got the SynScan ap on my laptop and tried that but still the same. If I switch aux encoder on it does stop at the correct place, but just for a while, and when I confirm the mount Elev starts to go round and round again.