Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Long F eyepiece for Celestron 8se

In market for a good quality, reasonably priced long focal length 1.25 eyepiece to increase fov and help locate and view large objects. Celestron makes a 32mm for @$45.00. Is it any good? Price seems too good to be true. What are good quality/price options?

Do you have a 2" diagonal and 2" visual back?  If so, there are multiple 56mm Plossls (Meade, Astromania, Astro Essentials at FLO in UK) which would maximize your true field of view, greatly enlarge your exit pupil, maintain decent correction, and be reasonably priced.  Otherwise, stick with a 32mm Plossl from GSO (Agena Astro has them).  It's as wide as you can go with 1.25 eyepieces for under $35.  I have one, and it is an excellent eyepiece.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gstallichet said:

In market for a good quality, reasonably priced long focal length 1.25 eyepiece to increase fov and help locate and view large objects. Celestron makes a 32mm for @$45.00. Is it any good? Price seems too good to be true. What are good quality/price options?

Celestron 32mm Omni Plossl is a good choice for your scope, I have a pair which I use with WO Binoviewers.

I have had good views of DSO's using it in mono and Binoviewers.