Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Set up for Jupiter and Saturn Conjunction

Hi all

Before I splash out on a dedicated astro camera, which I really want an excuse to get. I would like to take a picture of the conjunction. Will this set up work and let me get both planets in the frame.

Sky watcher skymax 127

Asiair pro trying out the new video setting 

Zwo 120 Mc-s colour 

Thanks in advance

Jack

Hello Jack, they are very low in the sky so before you rush, it may be worth making sure you can see them. Not sure where you are in Essex, but after 17.00 I have lost my window, so weather recently has killed any chance I have unless I cart all my gear to the top floor of a multistory car park 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, jackp93 said:

Hi all

Before I splash out on a dedicated astro camera, which I really want an excuse to get. I would like to take a picture of the conjunction. Will this set up work and let me get both planets in the frame.

Sky watcher skymax 127

Asiair pro trying out the new video setting 

Zwo 120 Mc-s colour 

Thanks in advance

Jack

2 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Run it through Stellarium as that will show you the apparent FOV with your target.

Yep, stellarium oculars plug in is a very handy tool : input your 'scope and eyepiece info for visual and camera stats for imaging and select your target, then you can run through your equipment and get a good idea of what you will see. Run the time forward to see how it changes too.

Heather

Thanks for all the responses. I’ve managed to enter it, into SkySafari and it looks like it will work. I live on the Dengie so it’s should be ok as long as the weather holds as it’s very flat.

all the best

Jack