sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

10 minutes ago, Anonymous Astronomer said:

Hello everyone,

I've read about Starnet++ lately and I wanna give it a try. Tried to get it from here but there are some issues. It seems like I can't find any viable kit.

I would really appreciate if someone can provide a link to download.

Thank you,
Vlad 

What issues are you having ? (currently downloading from your link with no problems)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

What issues are you having ? (currently downloading from your link with no problems)

Download won't start. Apparently, the link provided by @vlaiv worked. :D 

23 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

What OS do you have?

Here is page for downloading of actual files (standalone version):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/starnet/files/v1.1/

Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamK
      After many hours of fiddling round with Registax wavelet settings to process my own solar system images, I've always been curious as to how it actually works. In doing so I've put together my own image sharpening program which does something similar to Registax wavelets. For comparison, I've also added some general purpose deconvolution techniques which you'll probably be familiar with from other image processing software (like Wiener inverse filtering, Richardson-Lucy, etc). In choosing a point spread function to deconvolve with, one suprising result was that the typical stack outputs from Autostakkert work best with a Lorentz point spread function (with a minor modification). Deconvolving with a Gaussian point spread function doesn't really work. Deep-sky images seem to deconvolve best with a Moffat point spread function (which is to be expected - it's already well established that star profiles in long exposures are best approximated with a Moffat function).
      On the whole, it's unlikely that you can sharpen solar system images much more in this program than you already can in Registax. You can see results from Registax wavelet (sharpening layers), inverse filtering (e.g. Wiener), and iterative deconvolution (e.g. Landweber) below. They all give very similar results. In all the techniques there's a similar trade-off between less noise but less detail vs more noise but more detail.
      There are some quick start notes on the first page of the Readme here:
      https://github.com/50000Quaoar/Deconvolvulator/blob/main/Readme.pdf
      There are some examples of deconvolved images here (move mouse over image to see before/after):
      https://50000quaoar.github.io/Deconvolvulator/
      Image credits are on the hyperlinks
      The Windows download is here:
      https://github.com/50000Quaoar/Deconvolvulator/raw/main/Deconvolvulator32.zip
      Example solar system tifs to experiment with are here:
      https://github.com/50000Quaoar/Deconvolvulator/tree/main/image%20examples
      And the project page is here (with Source code in the src folder)
      https://github.com/50000Quaoar/Deconvolvulator
      If anyone finds it useful, do post here how it compares to other tools you use for solar system image sharpening.
      The download and the source code are free, you can use it unrestricted for any purpose. The OpenCV and OpenCVCSharp components which my program use have licence information at the end of the Readme.pdf.
      Sam

• By alexwolf
      Yesterday we released version 0.20.4 of Stellarium.
      The major changes of this version:
      - Added Calendars plugin
      - Many changes in AstroCalc tool and core of Stellarium
      - Many changes in plugins
      - Updated DSO catalog 
      - Removed Compass Marks plugin (the feature moved into core)
      Download binary packages for Windows, Mac and Linux you may here: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/releases/tag/v0.20.4
      Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!
      Full list of changes:
      - Added Balinese Pawukon calendar into Calendars plugin
      - Added notes on polygonal landscapes (technical restrictions) (GH: #1397)
      - Added Calendars plugin (GH: #1343)
      - Added configurable values for quick FOV tool (GH: #1391)
      - Added new zoom algorithm (GH: #1415, #529)
      - Added compass marks into core of planetarium
      - Added ability to hide cardinal and compass buttons from the GUI
      - Added missing time zone America/Godthab
      - Added few DSO textures (GH: #1402, #1441)
      - Added Galactic Center and Anticenter points
      - Added a config option to use multisampling for rendering "Planet"s (GH: #1388)
      - Added landers from the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program into list of locations
      - Added on-screen controls for OAG in Oculars plugin (GH: #935)
      - Added table view of exoplanets (GH: #1141)
      - Added show angular distance between the moon and host planet (GH: #1372)
      - Added classical cepheids filter for AstroCalc/WUT tool
      - Added Algol-type eclipsing systems filter for AstroCalc/WUT tool (GH: #1355)
      - Added ability to toggle to using decimal degrees for various navigational data through follow the option "Use decimal degrees" in the main GUI (GH: #1344) 
      - Added script with shortcut, which add ability to jump to random location for celestial navigation game and practice (GH: #1345, #1058)
      - Added support flip commands into Scripting Engine (GH: #1351)
      - Added new language: Central Atlas Tamazight
      - Added comet icon for ephemeris points plotting for AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #1332)
      - Added script skybox.ssc into list of translatable scripts (GH: #1335)
      - Added config option to hide selection markers (default: viewing/flag_show_selection_marker = true) (GH: #1321)
      - Added export list of objects as Stellarium bookmarks into AstroCalc/WUT tool
      - Added support capital Greek chars in Search Tool (GH: #1282)
      - Added some discoverer’s original designation for double stars as their scientific designations (GH: #1282)
      - Added option to hide unlabelled ephemeris markers (GH: #1315)
      - Added ability to run the silent uninstall Stellarium in Windows
      - Added ability use decimals value for ephemeris steps in AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #1289)
      - Added "No" default for deletion confirmation warning (GH: #1292)
      - Added ability to toggle show extra decimals in the navigational info (GH: #1303)
      - Added tool for build an AppImage package (GH: #1288)
      - Added ability for following an option ''Use decimal degrees" for longitude and latitude in Location dialog to define format of data (GH: #1416)
      - Fixed collision calendars panel with bottom button bar (GH: #1422)
      - Fixed zooming to FOV when duration is zero (GH: #1430)
      - Fixed designations for star HIP 62819 (GH: #1432)
      - Fixed crash when attempting to add a sensor (GH: #1407, #1403)
      - Fixed UMa figure in S&T skyculture (GH: #1414)
      - Fixed typos in Chinese skyculture (GH: #1413)
      - Fixed text for meteor showers plugin (GH: #1387)
      - Fixed the visual style of color chooser (GH: #1395)
      - Fixed GUI of AstroCalc/Positions tool
      - Fixed error in GUI of AstroCalc/WUT tool
      - Fixed errors in documents for scripting engine
      - Fixed typos and errors in various sky cultures
      - Fixed running scripting method core.quitStellarium(); (GH: #1363)
      - Fixed the location of Dunsink Observatory (GH: #1370)
      - Fixed rendering orbits with undefined period
      - Fixed orbital elements for comet Halley (1986) in the default ssystem_minor.ini file
      - Fixed typos in skycultures
      - Fixed odd cyclic behaviour of HiPS (GH: #1323)
      - Fixed odd survey interaction (GH: #1314)
      - Fixed crash when reference.fab file has wrong format
      - Fixed closing various dialogs (fix #1305, #1338)
      - Fixed sorting issue in AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
      - Fixed search stars by designations (u Her and U Her are different stars!) (GH: #1282)
      - Fixed adding extra designations for stars, who already has Bayer and Flamsteed designations (GH: #1282)
      - Fixed sorting stars by their designations (partially) (GH: #1282)
      - Fixed selecting invisible stars (GH: #1331)
      - Fixed switch to native planet names when skyculture is changed in Location dialog (GH: #1203)
      - Fixed installing star names for Western (O.Hlad) skyculture (GH: #1170)
      - Fixed typecast: avoiding of jumping the markers of exoplanets and pulsars (GH: #1286)
      - Fixed handling custom shortcuts and few spell-check fixes
      - Fixed GUI issue in Observability plugin
      - Fixed inconsistency of NGC/IC list in AstroCalc/WUT tool (GH: #1310)
      - Fixed filling version info for Windows installer
      - Fixed installer for Windows
      - Fixed translatable string for Icelandic calendar
      - Fixed Puppis constellation lines in S&T skyculture (GH: #1438)
      - Fixed Mensa and Microscopium in S&T skyculture (GH: #1440)
      - Changed rendering planets: improve planets' halos size in relation to stars' (GH: #1361, #367)
      - Changed rendering of orbits in Satellites plugin: Hide invisible part of orbits when "hide invisible artificial sats" option is enabled (GH: #1349)
      - Changed GUI behavior: Enlarged maximum dialog size (GH: #1318)
      - Changed versioning scheme of Stellarium
      - Changed few DSO textures: reduce the size of some texture files (GH: #1442)
      - Updated Stellarium User Guide (GH: #1334)
      - Updated DSO catalog (v3.12)
      - Updated GUI of Calendars plugin
      - Updated GUI: refactored block "Additional buttons"
      - Updated description of Chinese skyculture (GH: #1410)
      - Updated Bengali descriptions for landscapes and skycultures (GH: #1380)
      - Updated nomenclature data
      - Updated few DSO outlines (GH: #1368)
      - Updated initial time steps for AstroCalc/Phenomena tool (GH: #372)
      - Updated Solar System Editor pluign: improve docs + added confirmation dialog (GH: #1304)
      - Updated DSO names
      - Updated upper limit for font size
      - Updated GUI of AstroCalc tools
      - Updated Exoplanets plugin: added extra info
      - Updated Satellites plugin: cosmetic improvement the handling the visibility of satellites by their groups
      - Removed Compass Marks plugin
      - Removed the XPM version of the app icon (GH: #1384)
      - Removed dead links from skycultures
      - Removed support of shortcuts from AstroCalc tools (GH: #1293)
    • By Spacecake2
      Hi there,
      I have a problem using Registax 6 when it keeps having a blank screen when I start to stack. It keeps saying:           
      has anyone got any solutions? This the first time a tried aligning and stacking an image and it happened) 
      Any help would be great,
      Regards,

• By Slingshot
      Hi - I'm a new member of this great forum and a complete beginner. I would be grateful for ideas or suggestions if you have time please. 
      Last night at around 2230hrs i was laying on my back garden in the moist grass gazing up at the night sky. Clear skies North and South but cloudy in the East, Patchy West. No telescope, just my mug of tea and a blanket. I have always known where North is since a young lad. Find the Plough, top and last star of the saucepan and follow in a straight line for 6 thumbs and there is the North star. Great. Then, as i looked at it with my new eyes as a new budding novice, it suddenly dawned on me.
      Like most of us on this planet we all look at our night sky, think how beautiful it is, be humbled, thankful, in awe, spiritual, emotional and so on, then go about our business. But not now! Now I am looking up with deranged eyes and mind, thinking i have not a clue about any of this wonderous sight before me. I have no names, no vocabulary, no maps, no idea of where to start and no plan at all. So far i have been looking at equipment needed to get started, which in itself was overwhelming, but made a choice and picked out my telescope. And indeed some members here, have kindly said i made a decent choice to start with.......
      As it got gradually darker (and colder) the stars got brighter. So i picked out a line from the middle of the Plough and followed if by about 13 thumbs (sorry for the boyhood terms) and found a big bright star and below that, by half a thumb, a collection of faint stars which i could see better by averting my gaze. It dawned on me again. I cant be doing this all night without any clue of technical knowledge. Bewildered, I stood up and looked toward the South West and saw what i know to be Jupiter and i think Saturn (fainter). This again brought it home just how little i know and just how much learning is needed just to get going.
      I went inside and on my PC ( i dont have an i -phone or android tablet ) and found Stellarium. Looked at the online sample, stuck in my location and upcame a northerly view of what i had been looking at. I found the names to my delight and ran outside to try and match up what i had seen. But it took at least 10 minutes before my eyes got used to the dark again. Then identified said bright star as Arcturas and below that faint collection as Gaia. ( i think ) Cocker hoop, i ran back inside and looked again at the PC for more names. This went on for about an hour or so. I felt elated at finding the star called Dubhe which was my boyhood top of saucepan star and on to Polaris. Back to Ursa major across again to Arcturas and below that Gaia, carefully usig my thumb to get the right measure. I couldn't see capalla coz of cloud to the east.
      Back inside I thought just how do other people do this. 
      Hence this message. I need to work out a plan, what are the right maps, is Stellarium good start or something similar. What hard copy maps and best beginners books? Is it a good idea to pick up a small bit of sky, and work outwards from that, then when comfortable, move on to other directions. Or do I pick out known objects, like the Moon and other near planets and go from there. Or do I do a bit of everything bit by bit.? 
      What is the best way of logging my progress? And many more questions..... Sorry for length of this topic matter, if I have made mistakes with names and if the questions asked are basic.
      I would be grateful for your thoughts and advice - thanks a million.
      Garry
    • By AstroRookie
      Hello,
      Since a couple of months I'm a EQ6-R Pro user. So far I've been using the synscan handcontroller to do the star alignment.  I would like the use software like stellarium, kstars or cartes du ciel thru the direct connection with mount, so no longer using the synscan handcontroller. I've tried but when I search an object and make the software slew to it,  it's way off. I'm quite confident with my polar alignment as I'm using the QHYCCD PolarScope (and furthermore I've read on this forum that polar alignment and star alignment are not the same).
      Can somebody please explain how to do star alignment with software like stellarium, kstars or cartes du ciel - I suppose there's is some general procedure that applies to software like the three I mention?
      Many thanks,
      AstroRookie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.