SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASAIR Pro power supply

JimB

I am new to imaging. For simplicity I have settled on an ASAIR Pro and a ZWO ASI ASI533MCC colour camera. I power my mount etc from a 13.8V linear power supply. The ASAIR has a nominal supply voltage of 12V, (minimum 11.5V). No maximum voltage is stated. I shall ask ZWO, but in the meantime what do you use to power your ZWO ASAIR and indeed your ZWO camera? and with what results? Has any one used a 13.8 V supply. I would appreciate any insight.

I power my AAP and my 533MC Pro from a standard leisure battery. Seperate connections going into each of them. The 120mm mini is plugged into the 533 and it takes power from the usb port of that. No issues at all. My mount is powered via an AC adapter to mains power (so far, I'm working on changing it so that I can use the same battery too). 

I think the OP wants to know is it safe to power his AsairPro from a power supply that outputs 13.8v as opposed to a 12v supply.

just found this in the manual

Ensure the power supply voltage is in the range of 12V-15V with a minimum current of

2A. Ensure power consumption of the entire system does not exceed 6A.

Edited by fozzybear

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I power mine from a LifPo Tracer battery with a voltmeter showing 13.4 volts.

I think under voltage would be more of a problem.

Dave

Dave

just read the manual and good upto 15v at 6 amps max and min 2 amps

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/manuals/ASIAIR_PRO_User_Manual.pdf

Andy

Edited by fozzybear