Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky watcher help.

Good evening all, I am looking for help/ advice on a telescope I have had for a few years and don't know how to set up , it is a SkyWatcher and had a motor and something which looks like one can set up co-ordinates with, can anyone shed any light on this ? 

Thank in advance,

Chris. 

20201201_210637.jpg

20201201_210617.jpg

20201201_210622.jpg

Despite the flippant title, this video is actually quite helpful regarding the EQ1 mount and a similar sized scope. But be aware that when setting the polar alignment, he says 'longitude' when he means 'lattitude'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Main sequence is the rating of the person in the group - his forum name is Cornelius Varley - I get fed up of being called the Brown Dwarf 😉😉😉 

Secondly - when lockdown isn't screwing us up I travel to Bishopton on a regular basis - if you are still struggling post Covid I will be very happy to nip round and help you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixies said:

Despite the flippant title, this video is actually quite helpful regarding the EQ1 mount and a similar sized scope. But be aware that when setting the polar alignment, he says 'longitude' when he means 'lattitude'.

It always amazes me how many Astronomers are Musicians as well. His studio looks like mine!