Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Motorbike, transport, and a first time buyer

Good evening,

I've been looking at purchasing my first telescope for most of 2020 after spending numerous full moons upon the Ridgeway in Oxfordshire.

With some significant lifestyle changes I'm finding myself finally able to fund my first purchase!

The problem I'm facing is transportation, mainly. I either ride a motorbike or bicycle out into the woodlands with my DSLR for sunset shots but want to appreciate that great luminous rock that much more (main focus moon viewing and eventually moon photography).

I've been eyeing up the Bresser Messier NT-130/1000 specifically, but wanted to get some sage advice first.

I have a reasonable system for transporting my tripod and camera securely, but is there anything to be conscious of with a new scope?

I've set myself a loose budget of £500~

Would anyone recommend I look at alternate starting scopes, or would the 130/1000 be ideal?

Thanks in advance,

Pigeon