Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO "ASI Studio" capture software not running.

bomberbaz

I tend to use this software for planetary, find it easier than sharpcap.

Anyway, fresh install of windows yesterday and when I install the software, it runs for a second then shuts down before I can do anything. 

I have tried troubleshooting but even in compatibility mode it won't run. 

Anybody else come across this. 

TIA

Steve 

In my case it wasn't a Windows 10 update (don't usually have any trouble with Win 10 ones) but an ASI Studio one.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded ASI studio from the ASI website.  It worked fine but was a bit limited in function.  Today when I fired it up, it offered an update (which took ages to download).  Once installed it wouldn't run.  I am going to have a search and see if I've still got the older version's installation files.

Later/

Just had a look at the ASI forum where several people have reported the same issue but noted that the individual programs (ASICap, ASIFitsView, ASIImg and ASILive) can be run from within the ASI studio folder.  The conclusion is that there's a bug in the menu program.

Edited by almcl
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, almcl said:

In my case it wasn't a Windows 10 update (don't usually have any trouble with Win 10 ones) but an ASI Studio one.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded ASI studio from the ASI website.  It worked fine but was a bit limited in function.  Today when I fired it up, it offered an update (which took ages to download).  Once installed it wouldn't run.  I am going to have a search and see if I've still got the older version's installation files.

Later/

Just had a look at the ASI forum where several people have reported the same issue but noted that the individual programs (ASICap, ASIFitsView, ASIImg and ASILive) can be run from within the ASI studio folder.  The conclusion is that there's a bug in the menu program.

Thanks for that, just tried it and it does work without using the menu. Just use the relevent exe. file and it runs.

👍

• 2 months later...

I had issues with this software when Win 10 updates downloaded. ( did with my previous Atik Infinity)

I have a laptop that I now use solely for asi studio and turn the internet wife connection off permanent.

As for new releases, I haven't seen one yet worth downloading for the difference it makes. (I am using version 1.2.1.0)

I have found the software reletively easy to use after some trial n error, ZWO promised a User Manual/Insructions but nothing as yet.

Their Forum is hardly replied to if you have a an issue,

regards