Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Reflector and DSLR

mypetcactus

I am looking to return my Powerseeker 114eq and get a XT6. I know that my canon rebel T4i will not reach focus. It wont travel enough inwards. I want to know, which is best? Plan A is trying to use Barlow or eyepiece projection. Which will magnify less, eypiece or barlow? Are there any tips for both of tose methods and how to use eyepiece projection? Then, Plan B is moving the mirror. I cant find any good tutorials either. Thanks in advance.

On 01/12/2020 at 18:50, mypetcactus said:

I am looking to return my Powerseeker 114eq and get a XT6. I know that my canon rebel T4i will not reach focus. It wont travel enough inwards. I want to know, which is best? Plan A is trying to use Barlow or eyepiece projection. Which will magnify less, eypiece or barlow? Are there any tips for both of tose methods and how to use eyepiece projection? Then, Plan B is moving the mirror. I cant find any good tutorials either. Thanks in advance.

A barlow should be able to move to point of focus outwards to allow the camera to reach focus. Eyepiece projection will give you variable degrees of magnification (and success) depending upon the eyepiece used and distance between eyepiece and camera sensor.

Eyepiece Projection Calculator — Starizona