Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 27-11-2020 Ha Cak & WL

Ibbo!

Seems like ages since my last view of our local star.

At this time of year I need to move the mount around so I can get a chance to view it but from home but it still creeps across the rooftops.I do have a spot earmarked only a few hundred metres away that overlooks the fields and would be much better, but if I forgot something it would be a royal PITA as I could not leave the kit unattended even for a short while.

Ha Lunt 60mm double stacked with coronado rich field tuner.

Cak Lunt BF600 with the ED80.

WL Herschel Wedge continium filter Bresser 127/1200 frac.

All taken with the Pt Grey Chameleon cam.

Do the clicky thing for full res (well worth it for the Cak image IMO)

spacer.png

• Like 11

Thanaks a lot folks.

4 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

. How do you find the Ca K Lunt b600 for imaging?

I use it on either the ED80 or Tak 60.

With the Chameleon cam I did a a 3 pane mosaic(I can do 2 but it can fail to register esp if its a low activity day)

There is some vignetting but I use a flat field and gentle use of shdows & highlights in P/S.

I really could do with an electric focuser though.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely set Steve, been dying to have a go at that new AR, forecast clear sky and no wind this morning but ended up with thick fog all day.

Dave

Thanks Dave .

So have I .I thought I had missed out as the forecast was good for Thurs when I went to bed at about 4-30 am and we had cloud all day, I was most suprised to wake up to the sunny skies on Fri as the cloudy forecast is usually correct.

• Like 2

i know what you mean about forgetting stuff, and leaving equipment unattenteded.     I have the same issue right now,  need to carry my mount 100 yards away from the house, then the telescope. Then I have to load up a wagon to carry the batteries ,cables, controller, computer etc....     When i forget to put something on the wagon, its certainly is bothersome.

Today i forgot the chair!!!!  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kitsunegari said:

i know what you mean about forgetting stuff, and leaving equipment unattenteded.     I have the same issue right now,  need to carry my mount 100 yards away from the house, then the telescope. Then I have to load up a wagon to carry the batteries ,cables, controller, computer etc....     When i forget to put something on the wagon, its certainly is bothersome.

Today i forgot the chair!!!!  

That would be OK for me as I stand 😄

13 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

That would be OK for me as I stand 😄

Would you stand for a solid hour straight hunched over to look at a computer screen?    :)   

Hey i just noticed you have a bresser 127/1200 ach.    That telescope is identical to my explore scientific firstlight 127.     HAve you tried it on your calcium filter yet?     If the objective is anything like mine, its gonna be greater than .85  strehl at wavelength.     

I don't hunch as my pc is on a stand with a shroud and a thermal blanket to act as a shield., I spend hours out there.

The 127 is a recent toy that I got for use with the HW and  yes briefly but the seeing was not up to it I'm afriad.

I am hoping for better when its gets a bit higher next year, at present it gets about 15° max.

@Ibbo! I'm a complete newbie to Astrophotography and even more so to Solar imaging. I literally got a Solar filter on Thursday 26th in the post and Friday 27th was clear for a bit and I had my first "go". I spent much time just looking at my computer screen in awe and amazed that I got to see sun spots for the first time, on my first time.

Looking at the image I took (one shot) and then looking at yours, shows me in more detail what I was actually looking at, so thank you for sharing. Maybe one day in the future, I'll be able to take images like yours. 👍

Here's mine.

Sun.thumb.jpg.158758accec6078e09b5a77cb6137121.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jamgood said:

@Ibbo! I'm a complete newbie to Astrophotography and even more so to Solar imaging. I literally got a Solar filter on Thursday 26th in the post and Friday 27th was clear for a bit and I had my first "go". I spent much time just looking at my computer screen in awe and amazed that I got to see sun spots for the first time, on my first time.

Looking at the image I took (one shot) and then looking at yours, shows me in more detail what I was actually looking at, so thank you for sharing. Maybe one day in the future, I'll be able to take images like yours. 👍

Here's mine.

Very good start.

I'm sure you will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jamgood said:

Here's mine.

Great start, I find the sun fascinating, every day is different, especially now it's more active. 

Hi Ibbo

Great captures, lovely detail, so complex,

I opened up the obsy only to find the scope needs to be raised as it’s below the southern wall, Dohhh 

I need a rising pier to left it high enough, I will try again today just incase I can find away around it 

Richard

Edited by rcwinter
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rcwinter said:

Hi Ibbo

Great captures, lovely detail, so complex,

I opened up the obsy only to find the scope needs to be raised as it’s below the southern wall, Dohhh 

I need a rising pier to left it high enough, I will try again today just incase I can find away around it 

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Its that time of year for musical mounts -just wait for the music to stop.😄