SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Terminator - Nov 22nd

TakMan

Missed a bit - never mind, first ever go trying to capture the full length ! I made it more tricky for myself when I tried to compose the 'Lunar V and X' to fit diagonally though the original first image...

A continuation from this thread (have some more data sets to add to that trying out the 5x TV Pm):

TEC140ED - TV 4x Powermate - Baader Red 610 Longpass filter - Basler acA1920-155um (Sony IMX174m) - Captured in Basler's Pylon software - MacBook Pro

Processed in AS!2 and ImPPG (both via WINE) and PsCC2017 (including stitching).

Best 500 from 6500 - 8500 files (struggled with AS!2 running out of memory on some of the data sets, so had to reduce the number of tif files on some (the Basler software doesn't allow me to save .SER/.AVI movie files, just .tifs - used 10 individual sets in total - plenty of overlap). 4000ms, 164-5fps, Mono8.

Do the tap and you’ll get the higher res version!

246216544_LunarTerminator1.thumb.jpg.830b79c4ee34bf447ac12a4f82802c37.jpg

Damian

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 7

I'm surprised this has slipped passed without comment. What a wonderful image to scroll through! The Montes Alpes / Vallis Alpes area is especially striking, well done!

If AS!3 is giving you a hard time, could you try AS!3, under WINE? You might also get Microsoft ICE running for the mosaicking

5 hours ago, Yawning Angel said:

I'm surprised this has slipped passed without comment. What a wonderful image to scroll through! The Montes Alpes / Vallis Alpes area is especially striking, well done!

If AS!3 is giving you a hard time, could you try AS!3, under WINE? You might also get Microsoft ICE running for the mosaicking

Thanks for the positive comments!

AS!2 is giving me a hard time... from what I can gather, even the Ms PC version had issues with large files, something that was addressed in v3. I just haven’t been able to work out how to get the 64bit version of WINE to open the .exe AS!3 programme file - I should in theory just be able to double click it (the .exe file I believe), but nothing happens.

As for stitching together, Ps does a great job and hardly ever those a tantrum!

• Like 1