Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSO eyepieces

Burns84

Hi just bought a bresser messier 6" dobsonian telescope id like to purchase an eyepiece specifically for DSO any suggestions ps id like it to be within £30 i know more money you get better eyepieces but as im relatively new to it all im not going to spend a fortune...

11 minutes ago, Burns84 said:

Hi just bought a bresser messier 6" dobsonian telescope id like to purchase an eyepiece specifically for DSO any suggestions ps id like it to be within £30 i know more money you get better eyepieces but as im relatively new to it all im not going to spend a fortune...

FLO do a range of Astro Essentials eyepieces and are all within your budget. 

• Like 1

DSO's come in all sorts of shapes and sizes so there is not one particular eyepiece focal length that suits all.

Having a low power eyepiece is useful for the larger ones and also for finding the smaller ones before using higher power though.

For your budget a 32mm plossl should be possible and it would work well with the scope. The 32mm in the Astro Essentials range is probably as good as any as @banjaxed mentions above:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astro-essentials-eyepieces/astro-essentials-super-plossl-eyepiece.html

• Like 1

There isn't much of a choice for under £30. I would suggest getting HyperFlex 7.2-21.5mm zoom. It costs more than £30, but covers entire range. At higher powers you get wider field of view, at the 21m end it is going to be a little narrower than a plossl. I would also add 32mm plossl for the widest field. 

A little more expensive option for a bit wider field would be StarGuider series.

• 1 month later...