Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC2244

centroid

The thing I really like aboutthis image Dave is the colouration. You can see the blue tinge from the OIII. The stars are looking neat and tidy and the dusty details are showing well. With 80mins of exposure it does seem a bit light on Ha detail. Would be interesting to compare it with using the same camera with an Ha filter.

Ah this must have been one from the troubled CCd Dave ,i missed this one , yes i see , a load of Ha missing for sure , the natural blue like Martin says has come through nicely , but way down on HA, do hope you can get this fixed soon Dave ,as you rightly say ,you have a big advantage over us town boys with your dark skies. and with that CCD on song , you will be getting some pretty dynamic images.

Rog

Yep, you are right Rog, this was indeed taken with a very poorly camera, which as type this, is 'winging' its way back to Terry Platt at Starlight Xpress.

Martin, the big issue for me with this image, along with many other of my H9C images, is the amount of noise present.

The lack of dynamic range/sensitivity, probably contributed to the lack of Ha.

Hopefully, when the camera comes back from SX, it will be up to the performance level it should be.

I will repeat a few of the more recent images, and use them as a 'yardstick' against which to compare from the repaired camera.

Dave

Ah, I didn't realise the camera was poorly. I was trying to diploamtically suggest that the Ha wasn't what it should be!!

You are just too polite Martin :( , 'call a spade a spade', like "where's the missing Ha then?, is it buried in all that noise ?". :) .

Dave

Archived