Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from the NE

DeeTee

Hi all,

New(ish) to the forum, I say that as I have another profile on here but its been a while and I can't remember the login details. Just dusted off my scope last week after a lay off and I'm back in love with everything about astronomy. My 13yr old son loves it and is amazed by some of the things he's seen last weekend. Based in Stockton but like to travel to some decent observing sites when I can, I'm aware of Sutton Bank and Kielder and they're both on my list, but if anyone has anywhere else they know about I'm all ears. Equipment wise I'm using a pair of Celestron Skymaster 25x70 Binos and a Skywatcher AZGOTO 127 for now, I am looking to upgrade once my wallet will allow...!

Eyes to the skies

D

• Like 2

Ah good old Stockton, I lived in Teesside myself for just over 10 years. Kielder is quite beautiful, I haven't had my scope out that way, but there's some good views all the same. Me and the wife want to go back up to Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland, we went one year for a little stargazing as we've read it's one of the best places to go to, ended up looking at clouds all weekend, but I reckon it's worth adding to your list if your interested in recommendation.

Anyway, welcome back 🙂

• Like 2

Hi and welcome back. I can recommend getting away to Dumfries and Galloway and the Scottish Star Party if you can get pitch and the time also Kielder is also a great spot for Star gazing from. Both of these areas I have spent considerable time enjoying the clear night time skies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back DT.

I'm just down the road in sunny Thornaby, and have the same light pollution problems you've probably got.

Looking at taking a trip over to the Moors National Park Centre at Danby when the madness is over. It looks promising and the grounds are open all night for stargazers.

I'm back observing after a 20 year break. It's great to be looking up at my old friends again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Starwatcher2001 said:

Welcome back DT.

I'm just down the road in sunny Thornaby, and have the same light pollution problems you've probably got.

Looking at taking a trip over to the Moors National Park Centre at Danby when the madness is over. It looks promising and the grounds are open all night for stargazers.

I'm back observing after a 20 year break. It's great to be looking up at my old friends again.

Ah cool, someone local... thought about Danby Beacon myself or Sutton Bank even fancy Tan Hill. 

Eyes to the skies

• 4 weeks later...