Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MartinB

M42 from 4 weeks ago

Desperate for some astro action so have been having a trawl through old reject files. I had several early attempts at M42 but wasn't happy. Have looked through all the files and tried to cobble them all together. With the weather we've been a bit light on images lately. Didn't get all of M43 and the FOV is very narrow - there has been a bit of stitching but I think it shows some nebulosity. sorry it's mono. Will have to wait till next year I think before having a go at a mosaic LRGB

image.jpg

Blimey Martin :shock:

You really have taken to imaging haven't you :lol:

Very nice Martin,

Will look forward to a "Chin wag" at the SP mate :lol:

Just out of interest reverse the image (Negative) Sometimes you can pull out more detail with the mono images...

Orion is my favourite at the moment.. You don't have to work too hard....Even if you've had mixed results with other Nebulas during your observing session you can always go back grab an image of it and finish on a high note..

You've got a good one there.

You have the "Gift"

Thanks Greg. Yep a chin wag over a mug of scrumpy sounds good to me :lol: It's a bit of a dog's dinner really but there are some bits in it that I like. Reverse the image eh, I'm going to look at that :)

Steve, once I latch onto something I tend to get a bit obsessed. It's a pain actually but better than apathy :)

Thanks Greg. Yep a chin wag over a mug of scrumpy sounds good to me :lol: It's a bit of a dog's dinner really but there are some bits in it that I like. Reverse the image eh, I'm going to look at that :)

Steve, once I latch onto something I tend to get a bit obsessed. It's a pain actually but better than apathy :)

Did this on my laptop and have just had a look on my desk top and it looks awful, all the detail has gone. Think its the desktop monitor thats carp but can't get over the difference :) :)

Martin Stick all your images on a DVD and bring them to the SP... By the time the chaps have played with them you'll be amazed.

I'll bring a load of software for you guys if you're interested..

Just pack sme blank DVD's

Don't feel sorry for mono images Martin!

It's one of the reasone's how I found this forum.Looking for image's I could relate to at the EP.

Considering you've only been imaging for a short time,you should be pleased with yourself.

Keep them coming mate ,cracking stuff.

Mick :lol:

Thanks for the support guys. That's a definite improvement looking at it on one of my monitors James :lol:

Would be interested in the software Greg. Hopefully have a lot more images to play with by then as well

actually Martin that is a very good image mate , i think i would myself have cut out m43 , and centered m42 , because the detail there is really very good ,

Rog

post-12695-133877319205_thumb.jpg

Martin

I have had a couple of goes at imaging, all I get are fuzzies and streaks, good on you.

Darron

Roger's probably got one of the fuzz and streak nebula somewhere :lol:

How have you gone about it Darron and what have you tried?

Martin

Just tried afocal my 8" New 5mm EP and a HP photosmart 945.

Until I found this site, viewing was all I thought you could do with a telescope!

Any advice is more than welcome.

Darron

I had the briefest of goes with afocal. It's very very hard to get a decent image of anything that's not very bright. The moon's a good target and you can have a go at the planets. You can get digi adapters for holding your camera against the EP but I found mine pretty fiddly.

I am a complete convert to modified web cams for DSOs as a cost effective intro but the downside is you need a laptop and of course the web cam wont double up as an ordinary camera. Seems much easier to get good results than with afocal though.

Cheers Martin, something else to think about.

Darron

I am a novice imager but have managed to get some half way decent results thanks to having the right gear - have been very well advised by members of this forum.

Thanks Gordon, a bit of enthusiasm takes you a fair way :lol:

Very good. I'd be mighty happy with that image to be honest.

Rob