Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good telescope phone adapters for under £20.

Synq

11 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

The best one we've found so far is the Celestron NexYZ.         🙂

+1 for the Celestron. It has rack and pinion gears on all three axes so you don't need 3 pairs of hands to get the camera centred on the eyepiece view.

I have both the cheap one (under £20.00) and the Celestron. The cheap one works rather well and is easy to adjust. Great value for money. 👍🏻

The Celestron is good but could be much better. The biggest weakness and most annoying thing about the Celestron is the lack of locks on the axis. Also too much plastic and hence sags a bit  There needs to be a Mk2 version of the Celestron with axis locks and more metal. Why they only put rubber on one of the jaws is strange. 🤔

Edited by johninderby

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

Is it plastic and would be bend under the weight of a phone?

5 minutes ago, Synq said:

Is it plastic and would be bend under the weight of a phone?

Both the cheap one I linked to and the Celestron are mostly plastic. The cheap one is fairly solid and bending isn’t a problem.

Edited by johninderby

On 26/11/2020 at 16:06, johninderby said:

Both the cheap one I linked to and the Celestron are mostly plastic. The cheap one is fairly solid and bending isn’t a problem.

Thanks I’ll look into the cheaper one as a temporary till I can find a good webcam for my dobsonian