Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RGB Moon, 25-11-2020 (including the RAW data)

Yawning Angel

I headed out with the intention of hitting M45. Yeah, the north of England cares not for my plans. Never mind, since the clouds where broken and moving on I pointed at the glowing lightbulb instead!

I still ended up with a bit of a fight with the weather. The first try was rudely interrupted by rain before I could snag a blue channel! A little while later and a clear patch giving this jewel hanging in the inky black:

2020-11-25-RGB.thumb.png.26a0593b0cc37c700c31f956072354d1.png

Edited by Yawning Angel
title updated after adding the data
  • Like 19

57 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

That's amazing!

Thank you!

Gear etc:

Skywatcher 80ED, ZWO 178mm, ZWO RGB filters and Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP. This was purely RGB. 500 frame per filter. Between 50 and 100 gain and exposure time as low as possible, these 3.5ms for red, and green and 5ms for blue. I try to keep the histogram down around 65%, to stop the bright white crater rims from blowing out. Capture in Sharpcap

In AS!3, I used a stack percentage is based off the quality graph, I try to stack only the frames above 70% (roughly, by eye). For this resolution I used an 88 point size, but I tick multiscale as it seems to perform better on the darker areas

After AS13 I do a gentle wavelets in Registax, being careful of the highlights again. From there I use imgPPG to align the frames, RGB combine in Pi, and for this I allowed the green as luminance too, as it was the most detailed

Balance the colour in curves then into Photoshop for the Camera Raw plugin, which is awesome!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yawning Angel said:

Gear etc:

Skywatcher 80ED, ZWO 178mm, ZWO RGB filters and Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP. This was purely RGB. 500 frame per filter. Between 50 and 100 gain and exposure time as low as possible, these 3.5ms for red, and green and 5ms for blue. I try to keep the histogram down around 65%, to stop the bright white crater rims from blowing out. Capture in Sharpcap

In AS!3, I used a stack percentage is based off the quality graph, I try to stack only the frames above 70% (roughly, by eye). For this resolution I used an 88 point size, but I tick multiscale as it seems to perform better on the darker areas

After AS13 I do a gentle wavelets in Registax, being careful of the highlights again. From there I use imgPPG to align the frames, RGB combine in Pi, and for this I allowed the green as luminance too, as it was the most detailed

Balance the colour in curves then into Photoshop for the Camera Raw plugin, which is awesome!

Thanks for sharing that info Alex - a truly outstanding image and one you should be VERY proud of.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...