Narrowband

Dewy look at M33

discardedastro

Bit of a mixed bag, this.

This is a shot of M33 (Triangulum) with quite a lot of dew on the Paracorr outer lens during acquisition.

My OTA lives outside and was pretty wet when I started imaging, and the dew heater didn't clear it all, exacerbated by poor seeing and clouds.

I also had some interesting artefacting going on top left which seems to be related to my OAG prism. Still working that one out - need to push it a little further out, I think, or get it perfectly flush on the "long" side of the sensor. Flat correction helps, but clearly struggled with the dew.

200PDS, ASI183MM-PRO, TeleVue Paracorr, ZWO OAG, ASI174MM guiding, Baader LRGB filters + ZWO Mini EFW, EQ6-R Pro, KStars/Ekos+PHD2 guiding.

M_33_2020-11-23-dewed.thumb.jpg.564c0a70a30ced108afb211e753c791f.jpg

I also further pushed the processing for saturation. Exacerbated the artefacts but got the colours "popping" a little more, artistically!

M_33_2020-11-23-dewed-extra-proc.thumb.jpg.07b0b21a2278ca980a715215ffe7cfa8.jpg

• Like 3