740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Its a faint one Guys but i got it

CELESCOPE

Hurray ,got this devil ,managed it a few years ago , but this time closer in, its very faint so i needed a few more subs than normal, over 3 hours of subs ranging from 8 to 10 mins each sub , used the 6 nm Ha filter, imaging scope the Trusty Equinox 120, Guide scope Equinox 80, PHD guiding and the QHY5 guide Camera, not imaged much is this one ,which is a shame,so another for the Albumn,

Cheers

Rog

11974_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice Roger. Not seen that before. Might have a go with the GSO if I get a chance, so i'll pick your brain as to how to find it :)

Out of interest, is that ALL bright Ha glow, or is there some reflection in there as well? i.e. if it was an rgb pic, would it be all red or is there some blue?

With the varying length sub, how do you go about stacking them? all the 8mins together and all the 10mins seperate, or just bung them all in the same stack? I have a similar job to do when my sequence finishes, but thats when the clouds come.... lucky so far!

Cheers

Tim

LOL sure is Rob, loads of stuff, Tj there is a very small amount in the brighter section, some nice blue star colours as well , but on the whole its HA , i just done Noel actions on it looks rather good managed to get that reflection as well , maybe post it later , also i stack all together .

Cheers for the comments guys

Rog