stargazine_ep44_banner.thumb.jpg.6153c4d39ed5a64b7d8af2d3d6061f61.jpg

COMPLETED - Celestron Omni XLT 127 **SOLD***

With the purchase of another scope i now have my Celestron Omni XLT 127 surplus to requirement . As the title suggests it has an aperture of 127mm and , apart from the usual dovetail markings the scope is exceptionally clean . I will also supply one Plossl 1/4" Eyepiece and an 1 1/4" diagonal . 

This scope received a  very favourable review in the sky at night magazine  www.skyatnightmagazine.com/reviews/telescopes/celestron-omni-xlt-127  . I bought it off a fellow SGL member with a CG4 mount , but the mount has been sold . This is a very compact scope and would fit very neatly on any size EQ or Alt-Az mount . 

I am asking £135 , Now £ 100 , which , given its versatility and condition is a bargain . 

Prefer collection from Bishop's Stortford , or i would consider driving half distance to meet ( as long as its not too far ) . 

Thanks for reading 

Stu 

xlt 127.jpg

Edited by Stu1smartcookie
Add photos
  • Like 1

Tempted by the scope, but after having just splashed out on a new scope I can’t really justify another one alas, as much a I would like too! Hmmmnn.......🤔🤔🤔

Hi, I'm interested in this scope, but have a couple of questions;

1;  Is it easy to collimate ?

2; Can it take adaptors and extension tubes for Astro Photography ? - Have you used it for Astro Photography, and if so have you any images ?

If I go for this I could pick up after lockdown ends, and if possible would we be able to meet at Thurrock Services ?  (I'll be travelling up from West Sussex)

many thanks

Graham

Hi Graham  thanks for replying . 
I will answer in order 

1  Schmitts are easy to collimate but I have not had to do this as they rarely go out of collimation . I have done a star test on the scope and it seems perfect . 
2: you basically can add a dslr on to the back to take photos .. I have only taken 2 images ... I will pm them to you .. one is of Mars and the other was the Plaides . 
3 lakeside shopping centre would be best as at least my better half would get something out of the trip 😂. There is someone else interested but I will let you know if he decides not to take it .

• Stu1smartcookie changed the title to Celestron Omni XLT 127 **SOLD***