Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some 180mm lens / CCD widefield views.

tooth_dr

I was sorting through a bunch of unprocessed images, and came across a few I had taken over the last few months with my now sold QHY9 mono.

Taken with a 180mm lens and Baader 7nm Ha filter, these range from a single sub to 4 hours or just slightly less.  Huge potential for sure, the processing is a bit rash, and calibration lacking in some, but nonetheless the objects are fascinating, and it shows you what F2.8 can do.

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_veil.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_Auriga.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_NGC6888.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_vdB152.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_IC1848.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_bubble.jpg

Wide_QHY9_NIKON180_M42.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 15

6 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Nice set of images. Which 180mm lens is it?

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Those are WIDE field views! amazing images, I too am curious as to which 180mm lens.

Thanks guys.  Sorry its an AF Nikkor 180mm F2.8D IF-ED lens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adreneline said:

That's a great set of images to build on Adam.

If you're anything like me you tend to accumulate a nice selection of Ha images and then face the challenge of getting a decent set of OIII and SII to go with them!

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.  Its hard not to get the Ha first, it just looks so much better than the other two!  Although as well a) I dont have the other filters in this setup and b) I've also just sold the camera. 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I was sorting through a bunch of unprocessed images, and came across a few I had taken over the last few months with my now sold QHY9 mono.

Great set of images and thanks for sharing.  I could get lost just shooting Ha and enjoying the B&W before crashing down to earth with sketchy OIII and colour 😁

• Haha 1