Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Secondary mirror keeps tilting and not staying in position after first attempt in collimation.

Hi I am fairly new with telescopes and I noticed my telescope needed collimation. I preview the collimation at the beginning (tell me please if its alright) however after I finished the secondary mirror kept tilting and not staying in place as seen in the video. This is a Heritage 130P telescope. Please help.

Seems that the single stalk holding it is loose at one end, hence it flops when you let go. Does it clamp on a screw holding the focuser on the carrier? There may be a lock nut on the end of the shaft too that needs tightening up so it hold firm.

6 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

Seems that the single stalk holding it is loose at one end, hence it flops when you let go. Does it clamp on a screw holding the focuser on the carrier? There may be a lock nut on the end of the shaft too that needs tightening up so it hold firm.

Yeah there is a nut at the end, I'll try tightening it. Thanks. And by the way do you know any good collimation videos, I seem to have made it worse.

IMG_20201123_173708.jpg