stargazine_ep35_banner.thumb.jpg.a7c1791d7e682021778de0def357bdbb.jpg

GENUINE Black Friday Sale!

And here’s me thinking they always send extra screws like IKEA just to confuse you 😂

I’ll send you my extra ones 😀

In terms of the small reductions my guess is that the margin is low so any further reduction would result in a loss. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For several months we have been putting aside customer-returns, open-box, demo, loan and display items ready for a Black Friday bonanza!   Offers will be added to the FLO Clearance Offers board (

Just buy it!  (That's what we're here for on SGL: to support each other against the temptation to manage our finances wisely...) Olly

Aha.. I'm one of these people that keeps all the boxes.. I was looking at the recent box of chips that are still sat in a corner of the kitchen thinking they looked different. Although biodegradable o

My order has just arrived, thank you :)

@FLO, your packaging "chips" are a bit different from the ones I often get in deliveries.  Are they biodegradable (in which case I shall happily dump them in my compost) or is it just that they're not made out of expanded polystyrene as often seems to be the case?

Thanks,
James

Edited by JamesF
5 minutes ago, JamesF said:

@FLO, your packaging "chips" are a bit different from the ones I often get in deliveries.  Are they biodegradable (in which case I shall happily dump them in my compost) or is it just that they're not made out of expanded polystyrene as often seems to be the case?

Thanks,
James

My delivery from FLO last week had a mixture of about 95% biodegradable/water soluble and 5% polystyrene chips, which was slightly annoying! 

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

My delivery from FLO last week had a mixture of about 95% biodegradable/water soluble and 5% polystyrene chips, which was slightly annoying! 

Are the biodegradable ones those that have a texture vaguely reminiscent of a prawn cracker?

James

Edited by JamesF
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, JamesF said:

All the packing chips purchased by FLO are biodegradable. 

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

It frustrates us too because at FLO we purchase only biodegradable packing chips. But most of the manufacturers and distributors who supply us do not. So what to do with their non-biodegradable packing chips? Throwing them out feels wrong so we pour them all into a container and reuse them. This is why you occasionally receive a mix of biodegradable chips with poly' chips. 

HTH, 

Steve 

5 minutes ago, FLO said:

Lovely.  Thank you for confirming, Steve.  I shall take pleasure in putting them into the compost heap rather than the dustbin :)

James

Aha.. I'm one of these people that keeps all the boxes.. I was looking at the recent box of chips that are still sat in a corner of the kitchen thinking they looked different. Although biodegradable or not.. I think lockdown would have to get a lot tougher before I'd eye them up with a bottle of Soy sauce in the other hand!.. 🤣

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, FLO said:

It frustrates us too because at FLO we purchase only biodegradable packing chips. But most of the manufacturers and distributors who supply us do not. So what to do with their non-biodegradable packing chips? Throwing them out feels wrong so we pour them all into a container and reuse them. This is why you occasionally receive a mix of biodegradable chips with poly' chips. 

HTH, 

Steve 

I received a second package today and I can confirm it was 100% biodegradable packaging 👍🏻

Edited by tooth_dr
5 hours ago, JamesF said:

Lovely.  Thank you for confirming, Steve.  I shall take pleasure in putting them into the compost heap rather than the dustbin :)

James

If I can put them in the compost bin safely for the worms inside then this is great, but does biodegradable actually mean compostable?

5 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

If I can put them in the compost bin safely for the worms inside then this is great, but does biodegradable actually mean compostable?

Give me a couple of months and I'll let you know :)

James

3 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

An interesting question, so I looked it up, a major packaging manufacturer ought to know:

https://www.swiftpak.co.uk/insights/difference-between-recyclable-compostable-and-biodegradable

they say

"Like biodegradable products, compostable packaging is made from natural materials. The difference between the two though, is compostable packaging decompose fully into ‘compost’ without producing toxic residue as they break down."

So compostables are a sub division of biodegradeables, but not all biodegradeables are compostable ... yeah, think we worked that out for ourselves .

How to tell the difference ? The article implies the only way to be sure is to ask the manufacturer

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks. I won't be putting in the compost bin then as that goes on our vegetable bed. Ok it would have to say home compostable for that.

Packaging hopefully this year will continue to see improvements which help both the supplier and consumer.

On 28/11/2020 at 08:57, happy-kat said:

Interesting, thanks. I won't be putting in the compost bin then as that goes on our vegetable bed. Ok it would have to say home compostable for that.

Packaging hopefully this year will continue to see improvements which help both the supplier and consumer.

This packaging really doesn’t look compostable to me 🤔 I think I’ll hold off for now. Looks like polystyrene.

I’m assuming it’s carbon based if it is ?