stargazine_ep35_banner.thumb.jpg.a7c1791d7e682021778de0def357bdbb.jpg

GENUINE Black Friday Sale!

For several months we have been putting aside customer-returns, open-box, demo, loan and display items ready for a Black Friday bonanza!  

Offers will be added to the FLO Clearance Offers board (follow the board to receive auto-notifications) every day this week until around 8pm. Hundreds of them! 

They will also be listed at our website's Offers Page and at Twitter

All items are covered by a warranty and our 30-day return policy so you can buy with confidence 😇 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For several months we have been putting aside customer-returns, open-box, demo, loan and display items ready for a Black Friday bonanza!   Offers will be added to the FLO Clearance Offers board (

Just buy it!  (That's what we're here for on SGL: to support each other against the temptation to manage our finances wisely...) Olly

Aha.. I'm one of these people that keeps all the boxes.. I was looking at the recent box of chips that are still sat in a corner of the kitchen thinking they looked different. Although biodegradable o

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Hi there...

I'm new to this forum, can you let me know the best way to contact FLO if something comes up in the Clearance Offer that I'm interested in?

Thanks!

There is no need to contact anyone. Just follow the link in the post to the relevant item and add it to your basket. If the link doesn't work or it says unavailable, someone has already bought it. 

Alternatively, all the items are listed at https://www.firstlightoptics.com/offers.html

• Thanks 2

@RicochetThanks a lot for this advice. Some quick logic told me that they'd have to have the page up on the website before they could link to it here. So I kept an eye on the website (and created an account) and once the Heritage 130P appeared on the site I had it bought pretty quickly! I think I had it bought before the link even appeared here! :)

1 minute ago, Jasonb said:

@RicochetThanks a lot for this advice. Some quick logic told me that they'd have to have the page up on the website before they could link to it here. So I kept an eye on the website (and created an account) and once the Heritage 130P appeared on the site I had it bought pretty quickly! I think I had it bought before the link even appeared here! :)

Great choice! I've thought about getting one of those for myself several times. 

• Thanks 1

You do know how to weaken a chap's resolve, don't you? :D

Earlier today something came up that I've been idly hankering after for a while, but I talked myself out of it.  And now there's a second from the same set, and at this point I'm struggling not to click on the button.  If a third member of the set appears then I might well be a goner.

And then there's the 8" Stella Lyra CC.  I'm trying very hard to pretend I've not seen that.

James

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

😎 what did you buy?

Sony SLT-A77ii - I've Minolta AF film gear so I can use the lenses and flashes on this DSLR or at least that's the plan. Will see once it all arrives as the flash will need adaptors to talk with the camera.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

Sony SLT-A77ii - I've Minolta AF film gear so I can use the lenses and flashes on this DSLR or at least that's the plan. Will see once it all arrives as the flash will need adaptors to talk with the camera.

I'm sure you are aware that most old film SLR flash units used trigger voltages that can fry namby pamby DSLR circuits ...

To keep my excellent flashguns in use I bought a £25 remote trigger with a transmitter that sits on any standard hot shoe and a receiver that goes on the flash unit shoe (or the pc socket) , it works fine with up to around 10m between camera and flash, and has worked flawlessly to link Canon, Lumix and Nikon digi cameras to old Vivitar flashguns. But obviously you lose any TTL metering, just have to go with the flashgun's own sensor or purely manual exposure.  I seem to recall Minolta/Sony use a non standard hotshoe though, so I guess that may not be a solution for you .

21 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

I'm sure you are aware that most old film SLR flash units used trigger voltages that can fry namby pamby DSLR circuits ...

To keep my excellent flashguns in use I bought a £25 remote trigger with a transmitter that sits on any standard hot shoe and a receiver that goes on the flash unit shoe (or the pc socket) , it works fine with up to around 10m between camera and flash, and has worked flawlessly to link Canon, Lumix and Nikon digi cameras to old Vivitar flashguns. But obviously you lose any TTL metering, just have to go with the flashgun's own sensor or purely manual exposure.  I seem to recall Minolta/Sony use a non standard hotshoe though, so I guess that may not be a solution for you .

yeah the a77ii uses their new multi-interface shoe and my 4000AF is the older film shoe, so I have a MI-dynax adaptor and a OC-1100 dynax off-shoe adaptor which has the 4-pin plug end that'll go direct into the flash unit. Tho I can always use the 4000AF direct into the camera shoe in M mode since it is a safe trigger level on that unit 🙂 

oh dear, we've hijacked the FLO sale thread properly now 😮 Sorry 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 1

Just want to say a big thanks to FLO for their quick and excellent customer service! After paying for a Heritage 130P yesterday, the telescope I've had my eyes on from the start, the StarQuest 130P, came up. They very quickly refunded the first sale, and I was able to get the StarQuest instead! Much appreciated!

• Like 3
On 23/11/2020 at 23:20, JamesF said:

And then there's the 8" Stella Lyra CC.  I'm trying very hard to pretend I've not seen that.

James

This one looks quite tempting, indeed.

I.must.resist...

N.F.

Genuine hardly, open, used products, customer returns 15% or less just doesnt cut it when you open it and parts missing. I have bought a couple of zwo customer returns from the big boys and one in particular a filter wheel was missing some screws so could only fit 6 of the 8 unmounted filters i use. Just be careful these arent always bargains.

50 minutes ago, Ichthyosaurs said:

Genuine hardly, open, used products, customer returns 15% or less just doesnt cut it when you open it and parts missing. I have bought a couple of zwo customer returns from the big boys and one in particular a filter wheel was missing some screws so could only fit 6 of the 8 unmounted filters i use. Just be careful these arent always bargains.

Welcome to SGL 🙂 

When you say 'big boys' do you mean us?  

I ask because I don't recall anyone buying a ZWO filter-wheel with missing screws 🤔

Are you confusing us with another retailer? 

Steve 

This provides us an opportunity to say again when buying customer-returns, open-box, demo, loan and display items: 

Every item includes a warranty. 

Every item is covered by our 30-day return policy. 

Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 23/11/2020 at 22:20, JamesF said:

You do know how to weaken a chap's resolve, don't you? :D

Earlier today something came up that I've been idly hankering after for a while, but I talked myself out of it.  And now there's a second from the same set, and at this point I'm struggling not to click on the button.  If a third member of the set appears then I might well be a goner.

James

Just buy it!  (That's what we're here for on SGL: to support each other against the temptation to manage our finances wisely...)

Olly

• Like 6
1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Just buy it!  (That's what we're here for on SGL: to support each other against the temptation to manage our finances wisely...)

Olly

:D

I did actually buy some stuff, but I've managed to leave the CC on the shelf for now.  Mainly because I have no idea where I'd put it.  Now, if the larger models weren't quite so eye-wateringly expensive by comparison, my C9.25 would probably be looking for a new home already :)

And on the other topic I'd just like to say that I'd be genuinely surprised if the kit FLO have in their sale wasn't exactly as described and shocked beyond belief if they didn't take it back no questions asked if by some oversight that turned out not to be the case when it arrived.

James

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JamesF said:

And on the other topic I'd just like to say that I'd be genuinely surprised if the kit FLO have in their sale wasn't exactly as described and shocked beyond belief if they didn't take it back no questions asked if by some oversight that turned out not to be the case when it arrived.

Thank-you 🙂 

We cannot recall anyone buying a ZWO filter wheel with missing screws so are confident @Ichthyosaurs is confusing us with another retailer. Hopefully he will reply to my question and confirm. 

Steve