Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show your seated observing areas.

I have been interested in observing in a seated position.At the end of our garden is a small patio area. There is a magnolia bush/tree which is going to be cut back this afternoon. When cut back allows me to observe the N East,East & S Eastern skies seated on a garden bench.

This is very comfortable and relaxing way to observe. Comes the spring the magnolia starts to grow again.

The picture is during the day and I am taking the opportunity to plane watch.

It would be interesting to see pictures of your seated observing area.

20201122_141833.jpg

20201122_141845.jpg

Edited by Guest

This is my pitch, as this year for obvious reasons I have set up rather a lot in the backyard. This aspect offers a good southerly view across a high wall, formerly occurred by my dearly departed rabbits, reclaimed for astro. 

P1100665.JPG

• Like 5

On 22/11/2020 at 14:36, Grumpy Martian said:

I have been interested in observing in a seated position.At the end of our garden is a small patio area. There is a magnolia bush/tree which is going to be cut back this afternoon. When cut back allows me to observe the N East,East & S Eastern skies seated on a garden bench.

This is very comfortable and relaxing way to observe. Comes the spring the magnolia starts to grow again.

The picture is during the day and I am taking the opportunity to plane watch.

It would be interesting to see pictures of your seated observing area.

20201122_141833.jpg

20201122_141845.jpg

Nice pics. I'm relieved you don't look even slightly grumpy and maybe slightly disappointed you don't look like an alien! 😄

I'll post a pic of the seating area next time the gear is out. Probably some time in 2021 if this cloud doesn't improve!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Nice pics. I'm relieved you don't look even slightly grumpy and maybe slightly disappointed you don't look like an alien! 😄

I'll post a pic of the seating area next time the gear is out. Probably some time in 2021 if this cloud doesn't improve!

Ha. I hope to be a shape shifting alien as I need to loose some weight.

Yes, quite, it is quite boring for me, I'm just sat in my office, only time I'm by the scope is when I'm setting up, polar aligning or packing it all back up again, and I don't think I've ever sat by a telescope, either standing for visual, or imaging inside in the warm.

2 hours ago, gilesco said:

Yes, quite, it is quite boring for me, I'm just sat in my office, only time I'm by the scope is when I'm setting up, polar aligning or packing it all back up again, and I don't think I've ever sat by a telescope, either standing for visual, or imaging inside in the warm.

I must be quite sad because I love being out in either my dome at night or my Solar RoR during the day, although my RoR does have a warm room, lol. I love the different smells (I know I'm sad, there must be others that like the smell of their obsys, lol).

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 3

Seated is good for me.
I use an old MFI stool, I was bought it as a Teenager with a desk long gone by my Grandad.
The stool has lived on and is 'The Observing Stool' for the Dob and the Refractor, its adjustable.
I observe when seated, I grab a look when standing. (picture been posted before).

IMG_1444.thumb.JPG.a680379d6c24aa3d92d9632ec40e33f0.JPG

This was during Lockdown 1, I like other may have expanded a little since!
Even with 10-12,000 steps everyday!!!!

• Like 6

Does the attic count? Good views south west to north. 

I live by the coast and i think the dinner lady does the local forecast here. It's rare for an app or news forecast to be accurate - even a few hours ahead so i take advantage when i can - the windows fully open so i can make the room like an ice box and the chair is comfy. Although my son isn't too happy when he's back from Uni. I will add one from the garden next time i venture out.

2.png

1.png

• Like 2