SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tis the season for another M45q

nightster

Hello,  The Seven Sisters has been my White Whale. Since I started AP in 2015ish I have been trying to get a quality M45. Mostly due to poor skills, cheap equipment, lack of patience I was never able to complete it. From DSLR to ATIK 460, and side mounted guide scope to an OAG I have progressed and almost every fall I target Pleiades because it just so beautiful and so bright.  Finally this year the concrete pad and permanent heavy duty steel pier went in. (ROR soon to come.)  But I think I am a place where I can lay this to bed. I may do some fine tuning based on critiques here but here is my 20 hour M45. That said I have probably over 50 hours of actually subs on the drive BUT do to bad plate solving, bad rotation, pea soup skies and other errors and omissions I have settled on this. It does look much different than other M45s I see online. I've always had problems with color gradients on this. mostly do to the local shopping center that was built in 2016. And until I got imaging at a dark site exclusively in 2018 I had always thought it LP in my M45, but now I think that much of that color has to be in there. I mostly see BLUE 45's but I found reds in there also. 

Thank you for viewing and feel free to comment, post links to your own for comparison. 

Jefflarge.LRGB_M45A_layers_curves_kill_magenta.png.40173a112c89034f5a224517d3ad68b1.png

Edited by nightster
  • Like 7