SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 and Horsehead

Trevor N

An inspied composition! Really, a truly great idea. I wonder how you combined them? I use a programme called Registar which is brilliant for equalizing the colours and levels, etc.

Congraulations on giving us a great feel for the way the area fits together. Lovely.

Olly.

Lovely image!

Would you mind showing a single sub of each set please?

I would like to do something with the same set up, just a bit worried with how to deal with the elongated stars I get.

Which flattener do you use?

Cheers :(

I'll try and find some of the subs. Just hope I've still got them on the laptop. I used an f6.3. reducer and with the megrez 72 you get a fair bit of barrel distortion near the edges so I cropped one edge and kept the best bit in the middle to stitch together. The stitching was done in autostitch after I adjusted the levels e.t.c. It took several attempts to get things reasonably equal but if you zoom in you can see the quality of the stars varies noticeably either side of the stitch line.

Hope that makes sense . Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor.

I have never imaged these targets before, so seeing your subs would help in making sure I get them in the right position to mosaic :(

No need to put yourself out though, your image above should be enough.

Did you crop off much? Did you have quite a bit to play with?

Archived