Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Ghost of Cassiopeia IC63 and IC59 and the Breaking Wave

Laurin Dave

The Ghost of Cassiopeia and Olly's Breaking Wave imaged between the 28th Oct and 6th November when it was clear but as usual in the UK the Moon was about.  25 hrs Ha through the Esprit100SX46 and GT71ASI1600 and 1.5hrs each RGB.  Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop, Ha added to Red in Photoshop blend mode lighten after removing the stars with Starnet++.

Thanks for looking, C and C welcome

Dave

1429943603_BreakingWave_HaR_HaOiiiG_HaOiiiB_18Nov20_FINAL_75pc.thumb.jpg.b8052d241e16e4403e3f25a07f7b666d.jpg

• Like 23

35 minutes ago, gorann said:

That is a really great and spoky image Dave! You have Gamma Cassiopeiae under control, clearly showing how it lits up the Ghost and its neighboring nebulosity.

Thank you Goran..   I give most of the credit to my Esprit100, shame about the "peripheral lens adjustment screw" spikes but I've seen much worse and Gamma Cass is mag 1.6 or so.

Dave

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image and very well processed. I also like how the nebula is/seems lit up. Subtle yet with strong impact.

Thanks Wim...  That's down to Photoshops "Shadows  Highlights" adjustment..   only discovered it yesterday :) ...   also got RBAs mastering Pixinsight (a lifetimes reading no doubt!) yesterday on your recommendation and thoroughly looking forward to investigating that and finding all sorts of new tools, so thanks for that too,,

Dave

• Like 1