QHY EFW SOLD

• 5 x 2"
  • M54-M42 adapters on both sides (M+F)
  • Extra 2.1mm power output jack for accessories
  • Works in SGPro and APT

CABLES SOLD

FOAM LINED HARD CASE SOLD

DSC_8982.thumb.JPG.3d096191362d27c620636e4ef3140cf8.JPG

Additional information: I had some issues with the camera becoming 'condensated' inside the CCD chamber, resulting in problems with the image.  I spoke with QHY and was advised on how to dry the CCD chamber.  Bern at Modern Astronomy provided me with replacement desiccant strips and I bought the optional metal desiccant tube, a fresh bottle of desiccant beads and a new DC-201 controller from Modern Astronomy on 20/8/20.  I am happy to say that the camera has been functioning 100% since.  I've ran the camera tonight, and it sat at -10deg C in the house and recorded images with no issue.  I have included additional desiccant strips that can be replaced in the future as required.

Thanks for reading the advert.  Price includes delivery Royal Mail Special Delivery (1PM next day), fully insured for cost of item.  Payment by bank transfer or PayPal (friends and family).

£900 ONO

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

Hi tooth_Dr 

can you tell me what the circular brass connector is for - is that the purging connector or something else ? 

Would you be prepared to sell without the filters- I already have a set id like to use.

Mike

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, skybadger said:

Hi tooth_Dr 

can you tell me what the circular brass connector is for - is that the purging connector or something else ? 

Would you be prepared to sell without the filters- I already have a set id like to use.

Mike

Hi Mike. The brass ring connector is for the cable that controls the EFW directly from the camera. Yes would sell without filters if you want.

Just to add, it has been pointed out to me that the camera appears dented in the photo with the red circle.  I can just confirm that this in NOT a dent, and not even a scratch that you can feel with your finger nail, it is a rub mark to the surface

Just thought i would chime in and say that i can personally vouch for not only the seller, but the camera too. I live quite near to Adam, and despite the fact we had never even laid eyes on each other, he very kindly let me test the Qhy for a few months earlier this year, as i was considering getting an 8300 sensor camera myself. Needless to say, i was so impressed with it, i picked up a used Atik383l+ not long after. If Adam's Qhy9 had been available at the time, i would have bought it in a flash! 

I only made one image with it. Link below. 

https://www.astrobin.com/full/b0jann/E/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2020 at 09:22, tooth_dr said:

Camera and filter wheel sold.  Filters still for sale.

I have never seen any images from that filter brand can you provide some example images? Maybe with a bright blue star present?

Edited by Adam J
On 06/12/2020 at 11:43, Adam J said:

I have never seen any images from that filter brand can you provide some example images? Maybe with a bright blue star present?

Hi Adam, I've sold the camera and EFW, and I only used the luminance filter whilst I had the camera, so your curiosity will have to wait.

Items now withdrawn as I'm holding them for another member until after Xmas.

Thanks

Adam.

• Thanks 1