Eq5 new hand set

1 hour ago, Red baron said:

Hi my be daft question can you connect v3 direct to the new type hand set it has a socket but not real sure not a lot of information about it thanks

What new handset do you mean ? If you mean the enhanced dual axis handset then the answer is no. The socket (ST4) on the enhanced handset is for autoguiding only. The ST4 socket allows you connect either a guide camera that also has the ST4 port or connect to a laptop via an autoguider interface if you guide camera doesn't have a built in ST4 port.

Hi yes new type remote  two sockets go into it there is controller and Stefan unit but loos like it a go socket do you get an adapter to connect them up thanks Graham

If you have either of these handsets for your EQ5 then the answer is no.

Sky- Watcher Enhanced Dual Axis Handset For EQ5 - Telescopes Direct UK

SkyWatcher HEQ5 / EQ6 Handset Hand Control

Edited by rnobleeddy

9 hours ago, Red baron said:

Hi yes new type remote  two sockets go into it there is controller and Stefan unit but loos like it a go socket do you get an adapter to connect them up thanks Graham

The Synscan handset and dual axis motors are incompatible. There is no adaptor to connect the two systems together- it wouldn't work.

Hi thanks for reply  could you help symbols on new type hand set i under stand n and s and speed  but there's anther button with symbol s  like a moon  and star I've  been looking and cant find anything about remote  i have also fond a astro eq unit witch will control motors of pc thanks  graham

27 minutes ago, Red baron said:

Hi thanks for reply  could you help symbols on new type hand set i under stand n and s and speed  but there's anther button with symbol s  like a moon  and star I've  been looking and cant find anything about remote  i have also fond a astro eq unit witch will control motors of pc thanks  graham

The 3 position centre switch gives Solar (top position, looks like the sun), Lunar (middle position, looks like a crescent moon) and sidereal (bottom position, looks like a star) tracking speeds.