Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Best Syrtis major November 2020

Hawksmoor

Been a bit busy and my back has been playing up - so not so stable in the dark.  My last imaging session was on the 11th of November which fortunately coincided with Syrtis Major being on display.  A fairly stable night but not so good as when I first imaged Mars this year. Have played about processing both RGB and RAW video clips. This is probably my best effort to date. 127mm Apo Refractor plus x3 Barlow.  Have really enjoyed imaging Mars this year and my photos  have benefitted from using  Topaz Denoise AI  as part of my imaging process.

21_45_42_SyrtisMajor plust cloudanno.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawksmoor said:

Thanks Reggie. Let's hope we both get to see a brilliant Leonid display this week.

Stay safe George

I saw two fireballs already, both in the southern sky heading west at about the same time on two different nights 😮

23 hours ago, orion25 said:

I saw two fireballs already, both in the southern sky heading west at about the same time on two different nights 😮

Excellent! I wish I could say the same but weather has been poor and unpredictable here on the east coast over the last two nights.  My 'mini rig' is all ready to go but it is currently raining and predicted to do so until 1:00am with high level cloud forecast through to dawn. I may stay up on the off chance of an unexpected clear spell.  - Do I feel lucky ?

Hope you get a good view tonight where you are!

Best regards George

Edited by Hawksmoor
  • Like 1