Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep33_banner.thumb.jpg.75d09b4b1b4e5bdb1393e57ce45e6a32.jpg

Pancho61

COMPLETED - Star Testing Astronomical Telescopes: Second Edition by Harold Richard Suiter --FOUND--

Hello,

I search this book, if anybody has it. Will be interest.

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Pancho61

It would seem the 1st edition can be obtained, but 2nd quite difficult at the moment. I have owned both at the same time until I sold my 1st edition. I compared them at the time and they are almost identical, rather small differences.

cheers, Magnus 

Thanks marcus for your answer, one stupid questions maybe does second is in color?😁

Edited by Pancho61
  • Like 1

On 14/11/2020 at 22:56, Pancho61 said:

Thanks marcus for your answer, one stupid questions maybe does second is in color?😁

No - it’s still black and white, but with a colour cover. He thought it would be more difficult to reproduce detailed images in colour. 

• Like 1

I own the second edition, got it from FLO in Aug 2020. So it cant be that hard to find.

Adam

... and according to @PeterW, the chap who seemingly solely runs the publishing company (Willmann Bell), has retired so it may not come back into print.

Yes, finally aged 80 or so Willman Bell has shut.... with a scramble to find copies of the classics. It’s uncertain if anyone will take them on and restart production. There were a few books I would quite liked to have. I have suggested print on demand as a way to enable people to keep being able to buy them without the need to commission expensive print runs... who knows what might happen. I spect stupid prices on the second hand market..... 😞

Peter

I have both editions £1000.00 each . Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s

You selling? 😉 Like Rukl’s moon book which used to have silly asking prices....

Peter

There are a couple I'd probably like to have too.  At least I have a copy of "The Dobsonian Telescope", but even that was tough to get hold of a few years back.

James

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Like Rukl’s moon book which used to have silly asking prices....

Peter

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

There are a couple I'd probably like to have too.  At least I have a copy of "The Dobsonian Telescope", but even that was tough to get hold of a few years back.

James

I have both these too ! I'm in the money, I'm in the money...

Regards Andrew 

PS I will be keeping them all for now.

..... you’d better mint it quick as it appears that there will be new owners soon.... normal service hopefully will resume soon.... 

PEter

PS I have Kreige&Berry, Highe, many of the NSOG.... but not Suiter!