SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Will you help a young Astronomer??

Skipper Billy

2 minutes ago, Lyndsay Smith said:

Hi :) 

Well Aston believes he is saving up for a better telescope (exact one not decided on) but my husband and I have bought him a Celestron Nexstar 8SE for Christmas :) 

A great choice. I suspect this will be the Christmas he will always remember. :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ricochet said:

A great choice. I suspect this will be the Christmas he will always remember. :)

We hope so! This one will be from us, not Santa! We don’t want the big guy getting the credit for this one! 😂

Edited by Lyndsay Smith
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lyndsay Smith said:

Well Aston believes he is saving up for a better telescope (exact one not decided on) but my husband and I have bought him a Celestron Nexstar 8SE for Christmas :) 

Excellent. We look forward to reading his first light report with the new scope! 

13 hours ago, Lyndsay Smith said:

I'm sure that he'll love it, very nice scope.

1 hour ago, Lyndsay Smith said:

We hope so! This one will be from us, not Santa! We don’t want the big guy getting the credit for this one! 😂

We'll be looking forward to hearing about Aston's journey with his new telescope after Christmas.

I'm really impressed with the book, I bought it for my Niece for Christmas, but have to confess to having read it myself 😊.

On 29/11/2020 at 08:55, Lyndsay Smith said:

Great scope. Aston's book is really well presented and informative. His enthusiasm, takes me back 40ys, when I was about his age.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1

Just bought my copy, which I’ll likely give to my niece... who am I kidding, I’ll probably learn a lot from it as well! I’ll read it first and then gift it ;)

It’s a toss up now as to whether this book or my first ever telescope will get delivered the fastest! Hopefully the book so I have a bit of an idea of what I’m looking up at.

All the best to Aston and getting his first telescope! 

Edited by CMR
Unforgivable typo :/

3 hours ago, CMR said:

Just bought my copy, which I’ll likely give to my niece... who am I kidding, I’ll probably learn a lot from it as well! I’ll read it first and then gift it ;)

It’s a toss up now as to whether this book or my first ever telescope will get delivered the fastest! Hopefully the book so I have a bit of an idea of what I’m looking up at.

All the best to Ashton and getting his first telescope! 

I’d love to know which! We pride ourselves on fast postage so hopefully the book will arrive soon 

• 3 weeks later...

This is my 6 year old grandson 'Ari' reading his copy! He doesn't read or speak English (Swedish) but his Dad (my son) is English and has translated it for him.

It has inspired him to build an observatory out of cardboard and he tells me that with the boxes from his Christmas presents he is going to build a rocket so he can come to Scotland to see his 'FarFar and FarMor' (Grandad and Grandma). Bless him 😉 

130226668_242754900521174_3653033032977392049_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 15:06, Skipper Billy said:

A humbling message to all members. Aston Smith is an 8 year old laddie. He has ADHD and Autism. He also has an almost fanatical interest in astronomy - so much so that he has just published his first book on Astronomy!!! He has extremely basic equipment and one of the reasons he wrote the book is to generate funds to buy a basic scope. His book is a fiver and I know times are hard but it would make a lovely Christmas present for someone you know. If you haven't got a fiver spare then why not send him a nice message?? You can buy the book or send him a message via this page https://www.astonsmith.me.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2uwy1DpBElXgNJndwM8EhG-wfqhSW4fbUtMS5Txy-wQ8Dd2DHiUnQEvTY?fbclid=IwAR2uwy1DpBElXgNJndwM8EhG-wfqhSW4fbUtMS5Txy-wQ8Dd2DHiUnQEvTY

Ordered, for grandson

Edited by iapa