SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi everybody!

SophiaD

Hi everybody,

this is Sophia from Birmingham! Let me introduce myself in this weird and lonely time:

I was born in Oregon, in the United States.  I've received my BS in Physics from the California Institute of Technology in 2003 and a PhD in Physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2010.  From 2009 to 2011 I was a postdoctoral researcher at Northwestern University, and from 2011 to 2013, I was a CIERA fellow at Northwestern’s Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics.  I came to Birmingham in 2013.  This is my first job outside the US as a lecturer here. And I'm enjoying stargazing from the United Kingdom. My father is French and my mother American.

I would like to meet interested people and scientist from this forum!

As an astronomy geek and absolute stargazer, I hope this community forum will welcome me!

cheers

Sophia

• Like 5

Hi Sophia

Welcome to the forum. 🙂

There are a wide range of people on this forum of all levels of ability but all share the love of astronomy and get along just fine. Quite a few professional scientists as well as very talented amateurs. 

Edited by johninderby

• 1 month later...