Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flame & Horsehead

Roy Batty

Unfortunately I had to ditch about a third of the subs from this one I took last night, some thin cloud made the glow from Alnitak quite bad in the affected subs. So this is just a "bakers dozen" of subs. I'm happy that for now despite being un-modded my DSLR is still coming up with the some half decent data.

I was debating on using the C8-N for imaging this instead of the ED80 but I like the scale the ED80 gives and happy that I stuck with it for imaging this.

Details : Prime focus DSLR on ED80, 13 X 5min subs, guided with webcam on C8-N using PHD.

Processing: DSS, PixInsight DBE, CS3

cheers

Keith

Flame (NGC2024) & Horsehead (Barnard 33) nebula

11945_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks Richie,

When funds allow i'll probably get around to getting it modded, most likely at Astronomiser with a Baader filter.

Looking at this on my large screen at work this morning I think I may have over cooked the processing?

I think I'll have another crack at it tonight and layer in a short masking sub I took at the start of the imaging run.

cheers

Keith

Archived