SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Barlow advice

AustenPhil

Hi all, am needing a Barlow for my new dob, skywatcher heritage 150p with stock ep’s (10mm and 25mm super wide) am stuck between the baader classic Q x2.25 or the bst starguider 2 x short Barlow. Does anyone have any experience with both and recommend which one is best? 

I've just bought the classic Q myself, but the clouds haven't cleared since. I did choose it on the basis of positive reviews on this forum (and the fact that FLO actually had stock). It's supposeedly a cut above the cheapest ones, being (semi)APO.

I would suggest that whichever of those two you go for, the weak link will be the stock EPs (I have both) and you're not likely to notice the quality or otherwise of the barlow until you try it with other EPs.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, AustenPhil said:

Thanks guys have just ordered the baader and am probably going to upgrade to the bst starguider EP’s in due course, out of interest anyone know what the stock EP’s FOV are with the heritage 150p?

The 10mm claims to be 52 degrees and the 25mm 50 degrees. Not sure if those are accurate figures though - the ones I've used seemed a little narrower than that :icon_scratch:

• Thanks 1