Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Mars! Tips welcome

MimasDeathStar

First planetary image of any sort actually! So this has been a bit of a learning experience!

I seemed to just blindly stumble through the programs I used, if anyone has any tips or guides for capturing or processing I'd be delighted to hear them!

The one thing I do know is that I am using equipment that isn't ideal! However I thought I would have a crack and see what happened. I will admit that I am absolutely delighted by my modest results.

Telescope: Skywatcher 150p on it's white turntable base (so many many reasons why this made it quite difficult! focusser, lack of tracking, lack of slow motion and so on, but the big aperture hopefully makes up for this a smidge)

2x Barlow; Yes this only makes it f10. Which isnt ideal. But because framing was so so difficult, I really think I'd struggle with a 3 or 5x at the moment.

Svbony Sv305 camera; I took a bit of a gamble on this, cos it was cheap but its a Sony IMX290 sensor. I dont have anything to compare it to but I think it worked ok!

Captured in Sharpcap (no idea if I used the right settings!)

Clipped and tidied in PiPP (again no idea if I'm using it correctly!)

Stacked in Registax (I seriously need to read a manual on how Registax works!)

Thanks for looking

marspeg.jpg

Edited by MimasDeathStar
  • Like 9