Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Modded Camera red blotching

Hi all,

I was pushing the exposure time on my tracker the other day with my modded canon 750d (300s) and when I zoomed in on the milky way the stars had this red stuff at the centre of the brighter stars. Even when I put the picture to black and white they are still there. Is this an error in the mod or am I doing something wrong? The lens is a 14mm Samyang.

Thanks 

B&W.PNG

Colour.PNG

Edited by Simon Pepper

It's a feature in light room, you can turn it on to show both over and under exposed areas of your image, blue being under exposed. So the red in the middle of the stars is over exposure! It's a very useful feature so I always leave it on. 

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Simon Pepper said:

I will dial down the exposure

The exposure is what it is but at least camera raw allows you to correct for the over exposure to some extent. That's why you shoot in raw mode and not jpg! The main thing is the hardware is not at fault.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1